What speed and resolution, plzz

Posted by TheNostradamus 
What speed and resolution, plzz
Date: January 31, 2003 05:20AM
Posted by: TheNostradamus
Im using an Athlon 1.2 Duron processor, a GeForce 3 card with 256mb.
Im only getting about 12fps at best in 640x480 with shadows of, car and track geomety low, texture detail on 16bit med, ets ets....is this normal for my setup or could it be that my !!!errm!!! slightly hacked version????
tour thoughts please :)
Re: What speed and resolution, plzz
Date: January 31, 2003 05:56AM
Posted by: Morbid
A big and warm welcome to you Sire.

No, this is certainly not normal at all. I have a similar but tad slower machine that recommends 27-28 FPS (I run it at 21) with a res of 1024x768 and most stuff on medium.

However that being said, a "slightly hacked version????" does present some worries, that it would be good if we could clear out.

1) If you mean a modified version, then yes you can do some damage to the configuration of the game that makes it run much much slower.

2) If you mean a pirated version of the game, then no offence, but don't expect much help. We have a policy of not offering any help whatsoever to people that do not pay for the game. I am not saying that you are using illegal software, but if you are, then please don't press the issue.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: January 31, 2003 12:53PM
Posted by: jeff3118
hi i have a 800 duron with a gforce 2 32 megs and 512 megs of ram and i run the game in 1024x768 whit 27 fps and it runs very smootly make sure you set it whit less graphic options to make it smoother

jean-francois
Date: January 31, 2003 01:53PM
Posted by: TheNostradamus
Thanks for your help, afterlooking around my folders i found a folder called GeForce 3 graphics setup. inside this was a small word pad note with instructio to add this file to the main dir, this now works fine, my reference to the "HACKED VERSION" was reference to all the patches and mods that i had installed...with thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy