Editors

Posted by jameskeirwhite 
Editors
Date: January 31, 2003 04:18AM
Posted by: jameskeirwhite
Hi,

Does anyone know of an editor that can be used to change car horsepowers etc. with the patched version of GP4?

Thanks
Re: Editors
Date: January 31, 2003 04:22AM
Posted by: Mitch
Look in the downloads on this site-editors/utilities.
There's bound to be something in there.
And welcome to the best forum around!
Date: January 31, 2003 06:00AM
Posted by: Morbid
You should be able to make custom settings for the cars with GpxPatch. And if that doesn't suffice, I think Marc Aarts updated his editor to work with the patched version. I cannot atm remember other editors that work with the patched version, but there might be more. And of course we are all waiting for the best of them, namely Jon Walton's CSC.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: January 31, 2003 09:22AM
Posted by: tux
"And of course we are all waiting for the best of them, namely Jon Walton's CSC."

so am i actually :P jk

when will it be done??? :P

Date: January 31, 2003 10:04AM
Posted by: sasjag
lmao!!

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: January 31, 2003 11:10AM
well if my dad wins (hes in a mood with me) and manages to ban me for a month then it wont be out :o ill just say ive got coursework everynight :P

hmm, is "investigating the physics model of a 1967 racing sim" a good science/it coursework? :P

Date: January 31, 2003 11:13AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
why i think its perfect jonathon :P

Date: January 31, 2003 11:31AM
Posted by: Morbid
Why would your dad do something as stupid as banning you from the comp? Have you been a naughty boy?

Post Edited (01-31-03 18:32)

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: January 31, 2003 11:56AM
no, we just had an argument :P

chris, ITS JON :P

Date: January 31, 2003 12:06PM
Posted by: Vader
:o!

Does your father still live in the 1950's?

Do you need support? Shall I send Joey "Blue Eyes" Caccetta and Mickey Lee "Scarface" Mancini to make an offer to your father he cannot refuse?

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: January 31, 2003 02:02PM
Posted by: SchimmyMike
lol

Join the biggest german speaking rpg community for Battlefield 1942 Modifikation "Forgotten Hope".

Visit www.fh-warzone.de for more informations.
Date: January 31, 2003 06:30PM
Posted by: Boils
Do u think it would ever be possibly to mod GP4 to the point of making non F1 cars and changing thier speed and grip levels?

Date: January 31, 2003 06:37PM
Posted by: Ellis
Do u think it would ever be possibly to mod GP4 to the point of making non F1 cars and changing thier speed and grip levels?

I have 3 working DTM shapes

Physics can be changed, and shapes can be changed (within limits)

New cars can be created

[www.dtm-ba.de.tt]

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: February 01, 2003 09:31AM
Posted by: Glyn
no, we just had an argument :P

If you had an argument, and he's trying to ban you from the computer, you should ban him from his car or something. Its gotta work both ways to be fair

Date: February 01, 2003 09:36AM
Date: February 01, 2003 05:51PM
Is it very hard to make those cars? How far can the physics be changed?

Date: February 02, 2003 07:26AM
Posted by: Ellis
The physics can be totally changed as far as i know. there is a physics editor out and with it, it supplies a set of physics for a Ferrari 355 road car (i think its that car).

Is is hard to make those cars? Not hard, but i have been 3D modeling for a long time, it just takes a long time, thats all

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: February 02, 2003 08:41AM
Posted by: Glyn
Ferrari 355 road car. Now this ive gotta try!

Date: February 02, 2003 11:11PM
Thanks ellis the cars are looking good... i was after a mod were i could drive Gran Tourismo style road cars on GP4's realistic circuits and i didnt want them to just look like road cars and behave like F1 cars, thats why i was asking about physics and all that.

3d modeling sounds like id have to spend alot of time learning and practicing and i dont have too much spare time.

I tried and like that real driving simulator game except it was hard to configure my wheel properly and the brakes act all strange.

Date: February 03, 2003 01:18AM
Posted by: jp2
gp4edit .11:
1) extract perf-data from gp4 1.02.
2) edit
3) save as a text file
4) make gpxpatch use this performance file. so simple.

greetings, jp
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy