GPL: where do I go?

Posted by LarryM 
GPL: where do I go?
Date: January 29, 2003 06:28AM
Posted by: LarryM
I had resisted the temptation to buy it for years. I had not the time, since consecutively GP3 then F1200x the GP4 alreadty took more than my wife could tolerate. I have heard only praise from all of you who have played it.
Today I found what is probably the last copy in Helsinki:
GRAND PRIX LEGENDS :-)

Now my questions:
1. What are the essential patch(es) I need to get it to work?
2. Where do I go to get them?
3. Where can I find updates, skins etc.?
4. What do you recommend?

I know this is not strictly speaking a GP4 matter, but since so many comparisons are made on physics, I consider it a matter of basic education that I get acquainted with this game.

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Re: GPL: where do I go?
Date: January 29, 2003 06:33AM
Posted by: Ellis
go ot the Off-topic section and ask LS, he has the good stuff. You'll prob be quicker doing a search for GPL add-ons (using this forums search button), cos they were posted recently

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: January 29, 2003 07:52AM
Posted by: stevewaller
You should find everything you need on this ultimate links page from patches, to cars, to sounds & tracks etc, etc!!!

[hotgrids.racesimcentral.com]

Have fun

Steve

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jenson Button and BAR..........Watch them fly in 2004
Date: January 29, 2003 12:42PM
Posted by: ferrariace
Goto papy.com for the patches.You will need the 1201 patch,the speed patch and either the d3d or ogl patch.I think there is a newer version of the d3d and ogl patch somewhere.Here's where I get my carsets from [jfcarsets.cjb.net] its the jf carset version 1.2 then the 2 updates for it.Very easy to use.
Date: January 29, 2003 01:58PM
Posted by: Murdoch
Try [driving.multiplayer.it]

It has a great GPL section. Also has a big download with the best add-ons found in the web.

Good Luck
Date: January 30, 2003 12:16PM
Posted by: Glyn
For cars, I was told to get GPLA everything, except the Brabrum, Cooper and Lotis. Get Bruce's Brabrum Delux, JF Carset 1.2 Cooper and Lotus (download them all and extract these cars from them).

They really are amazing!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy