finally got GP4 working again :-)

any critical updates that i've missed?

i have the patch installed, i ws thinking more of graphical updates etc

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Re: ITS ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!
Date: January 18, 2003 03:44PM
Posted by: Alex13
Wow... How long did your GP4 copy took to start playing?

AMD64 3400+ (running at 2,66ghz atm ;))DDR400 1gb(running at 433) Asus K8N-E Deluxe mobo, 6800ultra, Tagan tg-480w, Audigy 2Zs, Logitech Z-5500 speakers
Using X-aser Lanfire case with 5 fans inside cathodelights etc included aswell :P
Date: January 18, 2003 03:56PM
Posted by: LS.
gotta be 2-3 months, maybe even longer

it was ever since i installed my new video card, but it works nows :-)

LS's Tip of the week
Date: January 18, 2003 04:49PM
Posted by: tux
i can get mine working out the box with no updates/patches or anything :D:D:D just every bloody good driver there is :P

Date: January 18, 2003 05:13PM
yadda yadda yadda

what about updates?

LS's Tip of the week
Date: January 18, 2003 05:15PM
Posted by: tux
hehe,

i dont have any updates :P only the GPVWC league carset (i have to have it coz im carset admin type guy thing person)

Date: January 18, 2003 05:42PM
one thing that did impress me about the return to gp4 was the driving model

its far from perfect compared to the like of GPL or Nascar 2002 but the severity of the throttle and brakes hit me immaediatly.

i have had to change my driving style dramatically to compensate for the changes in acceleration and braking and the grip levels,

my first lap at monaco was awful, clouting the barriers and spinning etc, the BHP is awesome and it took some getting used to.

i'm back in love again with GP4, if only we could play it online like GPL then we have a true classic

ps, any news on the malboro livired rear wing on the ferrari?

LS's Tip of the week
Date: January 18, 2003 08:16PM
Posted by: Berger_Fan
boy, you've missed a lot huh? hehehe. get the latest F2002 Ferrari shape (with full wing details) from viper's site (forgot the url).

F1archives * Facebook * YouTube
Date: January 19, 2003 04:33AM
anyone else know a link to vipers 2002 ferrari?

LS's Tip of the week
Date: January 19, 2003 05:24AM
Posted by: LarryM
It says at gpx.it on his preview that his website is www.f1grandprix.net. I can' t make the connection though. There is also a great mclaren update with 2002 carshape and GPX patch 3.31 is out also today. Don't forget Ricardo Lampert's track updates, they are great. Various Williams uodates arrived and a good Jordan with new shape. Check out this site and www.gpx.it.

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Date: January 19, 2003 05:25AM
Posted by: LarryM
I got through oi Vipers site at last. It's in chinese or english. take your pick.

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Date: January 19, 2003 12:52PM
Posted by: Glyn
its far from perfect compared to the like of GPL or Nascar 2002 but the severity of the throttle and brakes hit me immaediatly

I know the feeling! When I emerged on the other end of 6 months of GPLing I tried NASCAR 4, and was amazed at how much grip there was. Then, after GP3ing I was stunned again. Going back to NASCAR feels so slippery compared to an F1 motor.

Date: January 19, 2003 02:28PM
Posted by: Alex13
I think you can try the cars.wad from AveryGPfan... I also have the best cars i could find and put them in my cars.wad. You can check my website in 2 days i will post there a cars.wad performance file and anim.wad if nothing goes wrong

AMD64 3400+ (running at 2,66ghz atm ;))DDR400 1gb(running at 433) Asus K8N-E Deluxe mobo, 6800ultra, Tagan tg-480w, Audigy 2Zs, Logitech Z-5500 speakers
Using X-aser Lanfire case with 5 fans inside cathodelights etc included aswell :P
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy