HELP: Most cars are taken over by computer

Posted by LarryM 
HELP: Most cars are taken over by computer
Date: January 18, 2003 04:19AM
Posted by: LarryM
I have been gradually updating a clean install to 2002. Everyrthing was fine, but it seems that most cars are controlled by the computer. When I select , say M. Schumacher, I cannot access the in-cockpit menu. Then I noticed that some ghosts came and released the car and off he went to perform much better lap times than I can.

Mclaren and Williams seem to work ok. I tried afew other cars and at least Jordan and Minardi do not work. Has anyone else experienced this? What do I do?

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Re: HELP: Most cars are taken over by computer
Date: January 18, 2003 05:41AM
Posted by: Vader
Who you gonna call? Ghostbusters!

(Sorry, I couldn't resist)

Clean install? That would be vwer 1.00 without the patch? Which update did you use? That big one of Flo?

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: January 18, 2003 08:05AM
Zapp!! Hi Vader. I clean-installed then patched with 9.06. I then transferred the Cars.wad from the Flo season package version I had on the pc.
Updated tracks by copying wads also.
I then used GP4 master to make some further updates to cars.wad.
I temporarily replaced the 9.06 exe with the v.1.00 cracked exe and used car creator to change helmets.
replaced 9.06 cracked exe and then updated the teams with GP4edit 0.10.
After this I found that the helmets and names were wired up as regards Toyota and Minardi. Took me 2 hours to get them sorted out (yoong in Toyota and salo in minardi or 2 yoongs, one in toyota and one in minardi). I have no idea how I fixed it with car creator but it's in order now,
Still with me?
Now I found that I had the old 2001 faces in the driver menus. So I copied the FLO menudata\pc\2001\images and replaced the orginal. When I found I had the "AI take-over" problem, I tried switching back to the original, but no chance.
The situation is at the moment:
Working: Mclaren, Williams, Renault, Toyota, Minardi
Under AI control: everything else.

I have not tried every driver, but it seems to be a team-related problem.

Do you know what part of the game loads the relevant cars into the player-what-ever that lets you drive?

I might try making a new install ans copy from the existing 2002 game version the relevant files. Testing after each import. that should take about a week!

Any advice appreciated (BTW:, at this stage I am prepared to consider turning to the dark side)
May the force be with you!

PS: Carcreators's driver menu update function does not seem to export the pictures. That is why I copied from the FLO images file.

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Date: January 19, 2003 03:37AM
Ok. I redid the whole operation. The culprit is gp4 edit v 0.10 When I change the team and driver names and export to gp4, the above problms start. I have asked Marc Aarts dirctly for advice. I the meantime: be warned.

Larry
Date: January 19, 2003 08:37AM
Does anybody know which file is affected by updating team names and driver names with gp4 editor?

Larry
Date: January 19, 2003 09:26AM
Posted by: tux
gp4.exe
f1gstate.sav

Date: January 19, 2003 01:03PM
Thanks DUmbass. Marc peplied already..nice man. It seems I used the wtong version (0.10) He linked me to a download for v 0.11. All is inorder now. I copied the patched exe from another version on my pc and the opened 0.11 gp4edit, imported and exported and hey presto everything worked perfectly!
So it is version 0.11 for the9.06 patched gp4.

Larry
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy