ATI RADEON 5800 SERIES (NO SOUND!)

Posted by Pont 
Re: ATI RADEON 5800 SERIES (NO SOUND!)
Date: April 12, 2011 10:49PM
Posted by: mortal
Remove the graphics card, re-boot into BIOS, set the video to on-board chipset and boot. Test sound in GP4, the on-board video chip should display GP4. If the result is the same, then the fault is with the on-board sound chipset. You should be able to get a driver, download and run Speccy to get info on the sound chipset. If you have sound after removing the graphics card, then replace the card or try a different PCI-E slot if you have one, the sound and the card may be trying to use the same address.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: April 13, 2011 07:34AM
Posted by: Pont
oh my god that sounds very complicated......i'm no expert at all.;)
Date: April 13, 2011 10:30AM
Posted by: mortal
That is not complicated. It is the only way to see if your graphic card is at fault, which I doubt anyway, nevertheless, you need to find out for sure. Find someone that knows the basics, as doing the above is pretty simple.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy