Transparecny on cars

Posted by Ellis 
Transparecny on cars
Date: January 05, 2003 11:16AM
Posted by: Ellis
This is possible....well kinda......

Someone emailed me with a picture of a modified car which he made in ZM. It has a transparent object. thing is, this already exsisted on the car. the object was the front 'window' on the front of the cockpit of the car (know which bit i mean?). now i havent tried myself yet, but if this object has enough points on it, it can be stretched underneath a touring car roof (JUST underneath it), and it will make a window, on all the parts of the car needed, following me?

Transparent windows might yet be possible in GP4!

sry i didnt post the guys name. He emailed my lycos address and lycos is patheticly slow (takes over 6 min to login on cable)

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Re: Transparecny on cars
Date: January 05, 2003 11:28AM
Posted by: Orpheus
excellent !:D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: January 05, 2003 11:42AM
Posted by: simonsteele
sweet!

Date: January 05, 2003 12:21PM
Posted by: Spike02
yay, lookin forward to it

Date: January 05, 2003 02:01PM
Posted by: andrew_S
well if its possable on that part, its possable on any, we just have to work out how its done, in ZM, transparency is done using alpha layers and channels, in materials found in the materials editor, so ellis check it, and find out about the material that object is using
Date: January 05, 2003 02:08PM
will give it a look soon, good thinking batman (dont kill me zcott ;)

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: January 05, 2003 06:37PM
Posted by: schroeder
well, the guy who send the picture was me.
as i said before we can use the z_visor in the carshape to get transparent windows for outside- and onboard-camera view, not for cockpit-view.
it hasn´t got too many points but it can be scaled and maybe duplicated (which i haven´t tried)
Date: January 06, 2003 02:32AM
Posted by: Glyn
This sounds good! Wouldnt it be could, if this was possible, to create a BTCC mod or something.

Date: January 06, 2003 04:10AM
ah yes, thank you schroeder! Excelent work my man! I still cant login in to lycos to see if u replied, it just wont log me in! If u wana email me, then try lost_prophet_gpxc@hotmail.com and i will defaintly get it :)

thanks for the info tho

Date: January 06, 2003 04:11AM
oh, and neil - "This sounds good! Wouldnt it be could, if this was possible, to create a BTCC mod or something."

you mean like this? [www.grandprix3.com]

Date: January 06, 2003 12:48PM
Posted by: Glyn
Yes like that :)

So whens it gonna be ready :D

Date: January 10, 2003 04:29AM
erm, duno! I have finshed the models, and i dont as of yet have any textures sent to me, so i have nothing to map! I havent the slightest idea where to start with the cockpit, so will do it later.

The main thing is obviously the cars, and then physics, and until the guy sends me the textures, i have nothing to map!

Date: January 10, 2003 12:54PM
Posted by: andrew_S
btw, ellis how did you get on with that transparency
Date: January 10, 2003 02:16PM
Havent tested the transparency effects yet. Been playing Ghost Recon (PC) and The Getaway(PS2) for ages, and spending time wiv kool person :D :P

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy