GF4 TI4200

Posted by TomcaT 
Re: GF4 TI4200
Date: January 05, 2003 04:03AM
Posted by: ravdave
Not entirelt true I'm afraid as GP3 2000, suffers enormously if you turn on FSAA.

Also Unreal Tournament's performance does start to introduce a few occasionally pauses and hiccups, or the odd frame rate drop off. Note that this is not apperent when running UTBench, which virtually gives the same scores up to 1024 x768. Go beyond that resolution and performance nosedives with 4 x FSAA.

Probably worth noting that with fast moving games like Unreal Tournament, switching on FSAA does not seem to give much of a noticeable visual improvement. The improvement is there, but you don't have time to notice it...!!!
Date: January 05, 2003 04:11AM
Posted by: ravdave
Even with a "lowly" PIII 1GHz, noticeably higher framerates will generally be obtained with A Geforce 4 Ti4200, as opposed to an MX440.

In some cases a significantly higher frame rate can be obtained, in other cases which may be more processor dependant, (games which use high levels of processing for AI and physics etc, and do not use the additional features of the Ti4200), the performance between the two cards may be more even.
Date: January 05, 2003 06:44AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
Of course, I wasnt saying that the MX440 is anything on the Ti, but it will run all games rather well. Or at least, it does for me ;)

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy