I have some major probs!!!

Posted by dnf 
I have some major probs!!!
Date: December 31, 2002 05:23PM
Posted by: dnf
Hi,

I'll cut to the chase. I bought GP4 when it came out and naturally used add ons which were great and worked perfectly. About a month or so ago i downloaded the patch v9.6 and it worked perfectly. I had the 2001 season but Villeneuve was now number ten, yoong had the right helemt etc etc. Then aftera while i downloaded the Big Pack 2002 season made by Flo. The camera angles are great but Ralf Hummerich does better car liveries. Anyway, I couldn't get GP4 master to install the car liveries properly when i had the 2002 add on from Flo and it had also disabled the patch v9.6. So I uninstalled the entire GP4 game as well as the patch v9.6 and Flo's 2002 add on. I decied to reinstall the game and patch v9.6 and then wait for v9.6 compatible add ons to come out. However, here is where I have a problem. GP4 installs properly (I always install on full mode) but I can't get the patch v9.6 to work. It just says GP4 is already patched...which it isn't, JV is still 9 and Yoong has Marques's helmet. They are obvious signs the game is not patched. Plus the graphical error in France. Whatever I do, GP4 says the game is already patched! I tried reinstalling GP4 again, I tried downloading the patch again, i erased every single bit of GP4 and started again but I can't get the patch to install anymore. What do I do??? I need to play GP4!!! Please help.
Thanks.

Q*GO NICK HEIDFELD!!!*Q
Re: I have some major probs!!!
Date: December 31, 2002 07:54PM
Posted by: CDN_Merlin
Uninstall the game, then run REGEDIT to remove and keys that have GP4 in it. Reboot, and then try again, remember to run GP4 once beofre patching.

Beta tester for;
Descent 3, C & C Generals, Independance War 2, Starfleet Command 2,
Settlers IV, Tzar, Allegiance, Starfleet Command,
MAX 2, Defiance
Re: I have some major probs!!!
Date: January 01, 2003 05:07AM
Posted by: dnf
Thanks. GP4 now runs perfectly with the patch!

Q*GO NICK HEIDFELD!!!*Q
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy