We have all tools, so when will be carsets out?

Posted by anze89 
We have all tools, so when will be carsets out?
Date: December 16, 2002 07:42AM
Posted by: anze89
Is anybody working a carset? I like older seasons with Mansell, Senna, Prost, Berger, Alesi... The new seasons are just too boring. We've got tools for editing cars, shapes, performance, all we need is a good carset.
When can we expect that they will be made?

Re: We have all tools, so when will be carsets out?
Date: December 16, 2002 07:57AM
Posted by: Ellis
i have an 88 McLAren almost finished. I have thrashers permssion to transfer all his Turbo cars over to GP4.

But the DTM mod im doin comes first

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: December 16, 2002 08:49AM
Posted by: tux
after xmas is my guess

Date: December 16, 2002 12:47PM
Posted by: Glyn
I'd say sometime in 2003. I cant really be wrong :)

Date: December 16, 2002 02:03PM
Posted by: Morbid
Well Anze, they will be here when someone like you makes them.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: December 16, 2002 02:52PM
Posted by: dave
beat me to it

Date: December 17, 2002 03:33AM
Posted by: Ellis
Thats true. Anze reminds me of breadfan from high Gear. Wants carset,...prepared to moan to get them, but refuses to do his best to make them

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: December 17, 2002 06:34AM
Its pretty much the same thing, that those that moan about the lack of new projects tend to forget. Those that make new carsets, editors, tracks and so forth are just like everybody else. We are all human beings, like the game and are part of the community.

That only real difference is, that the creative people use their talents to make the game better, and the community a better place. Take Bruno and Stephan for instance. Not only does Bruno provide us with great track graphics, they also let us have these forums as our playground, and provide us with instant access to the best downloads the community can offer.

This is not a sofisticated way to slam Anze, it actually also has a point. That is: everybody can contribute if they set their minds to it. Even small things count. I did the Bug List, because I couldn't and still can't do useful code or paint a livery, even if my life depended on it. But I can type, and I wanted the bugs fixed so thats what I combined. I didn't ask someone else to do it for me, but advertised for, and did get, a lot of help from many people.

I really mean what I said above. If Anze made carsets for the older seasons, I would just as happy as if it had been made by someone else. Just don't assume that someone will make them for you if you want them. It makes other peoples effort seem taken for granted.

Date: December 17, 2002 07:00AM
Posted by: Boomy
Yep indeed,

It's only matter of time.

Several people are on daily basis working to improve the game and sooner or later you/we will have all liveries and all carshapes.

Then the 2003 season will come and all these jobs should be done from scratch,but now you can play a playable a really cool game,and this should be enough,even if new graphic will improve the game quite a lot.

Even myself helped a bit the patch release. I am able to insult,to scream,to be a spammer , to be troublesome and these " features" moved the people to ask for a patch. :):)

If you want a suggestion try to lower your lap times now,when you will reach a good driving level you will find every livery and shapes ready to be watched by external candid camera.

Cheers

Boomer
Date: December 17, 2002 01:14PM
If the liveris were in BMP format and more simple, I probebly make a carset. But I don't have Paint Shop, with the demo I made four helments for myself.

btw. How can I upload them to the site?

Date: December 17, 2002 01:46PM
Posted by: tux
if u put them in bmp format then...

1) u destroy the shading
2) u destroy the alpha chanel (thats number 1, i wanted to put more then 1 reason coz it looks silly with a list of only 1 :p)

Date: December 17, 2002 03:50PM
Posted by: andrew_S
yeah, i agree with the above morbid and ellis, its frustrating, paul hoad, gets a hell of a lot of critiszm especially from say the likes of bread fan for releasing nothing, yet what he is doing, is way more difficualt, and way more usefull than any comersial program, and takes a long time, people forget he doesnt just have to write the code, but as im sure jon will testify the interface and has to crack the code, its a shame people cant wait and arent prepaired to do it themselfs
Date: December 17, 2002 08:25PM
Posted by: jed
perhaps you should offer to help instead of expecting something for nothing... put some effort in.
Date: December 17, 2002 10:42PM
Posted by: dave
Ellis wins SIG OF THE WEEK!!

Date: December 18, 2002 06:38AM
Can someone please tell me, where can I find a fr*e version of paint shop?
And please send it to my e-mail: anze89@hotmail.com

Date: December 18, 2002 10:44AM
Posted by: Berger_Fan
Get the trial version, then go on KaZaA, or something, and search for the 'crack' ;)

I've been guilty of being impatient about car models too.
Imho, the more contributors we can get, the better it will be for all of us.

Berger_Fan.

[www.geocities.com] (GP4 PitBox) ;)
Date: December 18, 2002 11:12AM
Posted by: Orpheus
Is anybody working a carset? I like older seasons with Mansell, Senna, Prost, Berger, Alesi... The new seasons are just too boring. We've got tools for editing cars, shapes, performance, all we need is a good carset.
When can we expect that they will be made?

Well Anze, they will be here when someone like you makes them.

Thats true. Anze reminds me of breadfan from high Gear. Wants carset,...prepared to moan to get them, but refuses to do his best to make them

isnt that a bit harsh? in fairness he only asked what he would like to see being made. i cant really see any moaning? he is just voicing his opinion. isnt he allowed to do that? in the last few posts anze has posted all he has been getting is unneccessary attacks.

give him a chance ppl. just becasue he cannot make carsets like rh. i mean who can?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: December 18, 2002 11:18AM
Aren't you just quoting me a little bit out of context? Like, why didn't you read this sentence:

This is not a sofisticated way to slam Anze, it actually also has a point.

Seems to me that I clearly said that my posts were not attacks. Or perhaps you see it otherwise?

Date: December 18, 2002 11:34AM
Posted by: Orpheus
i wasnt singling you out i was just quoting one of your posts. i was just making the point that ppl ( not singling you out :$) are giving anze a hard time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: December 18, 2002 01:41PM
Thanks I-MAX!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy