Steering Wheels

Posted by Paddy_D 
Steering Wheels
Date: December 07, 2002 10:14AM
Posted by: Paddy_D
Anyone having trouble with Gulliemot / Thrustmaster FF SW. After installing the patch the Brake will not work. I have calibrated it and the Brake only wants to use the IRZ axis. This means though that the brake will not work in the game. A bit pointless in racing !!!

Has anyone else had this problem ?

It works fine in the original game, but not when the patch is installed.

How can i onstall the patch without changing the controller settings and files ?

Any ideas ?

Paddy
Re: Steering Wheels
Date: December 07, 2002 10:30AM
Posted by: Morbid
This one is for you Mortalwombat.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: December 07, 2002 01:12PM
Posted by: dave
If you go into the advanced controller setups you can tell the game to use the IRZ axis for brake.

Date: December 08, 2002 02:20AM
Posted by: mortal
Paddy D, have a look for the threads x,y and z (morbid) here [www.grandprix3.com] and also this one here, calling all thrustmaster owners at [www.grandprix3.com] Dave, in my advanced options there is only one axis available to choose from and it is of course the wrong one, no other axis can be chosen. As I have said before in the Windows Controller Options the pedals are set to separate, therefore gp4 should by rights see them as separate. Even forcing the issue by using proprietary software like Thrustmapper which loads a preset profile still fails to allow gp4 to enable the correct axis. If you have this axis available and you do have a Thrustmaster wheel then please post a screenshot of this axis available in your menu option. This I have to see. It's not that i don't believe you, I just want to see that this correct axis is available in a v9.6 patched gp4 for myself. TIA ;-) (Use fraps to make the screenie).

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: December 08, 2002 01:54PM
bump :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: December 09, 2002 12:26AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
im currently using the irz with my gullemot ferrari ffback wheel, works pretty damn good. Also i had the wheel turn very weeek when turning left (even though that option was not on) so i turned it on and.....well whadd'you know - its perfect ;)

Date: December 09, 2002 03:32AM
Can you please explain this irz? Even better display a screenshot that shows where in the setup menu this irz can be found. TIA

Date: December 09, 2002 04:35AM
Date: December 10, 2002 01:40AM
Yes ok, I have been there, but I don't get a tada :-( I get just the y axis and when I try to set another it will not allow it. There is no way I can get separate axis. This must now be considered a bug in the 9.6 patch. All I need is the infogrames email and I will let them know. <sigh>

Date: December 10, 2002 05:47AM
There is contact information in the readme for the patch.

Date: December 10, 2002 03:21PM
Given past performance of the Production and development team it is probably your email address!!

Date: December 10, 2002 08:54PM
LoL!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy