Hei Vader..I did it with GP4Master!

Posted by LarryM 
Hei Vader..I did it with GP4Master!
Date: December 07, 2002 02:16AM
Posted by: LarryM
Sometimes Finnish "sisu" pays off. I finally sussed how GP4 works...well at least I finally got it to work for me. I installed a Mclaren Steering wheel :)

I followed the instructions extracing Cars.wad to a separate folder. Then in tex workshop loaded each of the relevant tex files from the cockpit folder (in that new separate folder). Then I clicked "replace selected file" and retrieved the relevant Mclaren TGA file. I clicked "downsample" to change the smaller versions also and then "save tex file". Did the same with the rest of the steerig wheel files.
Ok then back to WAD-workshop: "create wad file from directory". I typed in the address of the temporary folder. The it asks for wad name, I typed in "cars.wad".
What GP4Master then does is to create IN THE GP4 FOLDER a new cars.wad file. I backed up the cars.wad file from the game and copied and pasted the new cars.wad from the GP4 directory. And hey presto! I think GP4Master can export this wad file automatically, but it has never happened for me. Whatya think?

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Re: Hei Vader..I did it with GP4Master!
Date: December 07, 2002 02:45AM
Posted by: sobpd1
Well done you got it to work! sadly its not the same for most of us, would`nt it be great if some great EXPERT would draw a step by step instuction sheet, explaining fully what to press,when to press it,name of button to press and what to expect.

I think this would be a great help to many people, it could be put up as a simple download to print out and refer to when installing a mod. I would draw it up my self except i dont know what the hell i`am doing.

Just an example , last week tried to install a cockpit, instuctions were USE GP MASTER ,USUAL ROUTINE
Date: December 07, 2002 05:47AM
Posted by: MysticalCrayon
yeah it pissed me off for ages..... i got it working, but not really sure how =P

Date: December 07, 2002 06:55AM
Posted by: Vader
Kiitos, Larry

I'll try it out asap.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: December 07, 2002 10:29AM
Hope it works for you too. Actually the mclaren wheel looked pretty crap, so I changed to the adhoc generic effort, which looks pretty good (same wheel is in FLO's mega 2002 update). The BMW wheel (also from this site)looks interesting, I might give it ago. However I guy called Berger_fan who has been actice in the f1alpha forum has some really good external wheels including Mclaren which i installed (these are visible in hotlap playback's and inthe T-camera view). They are all rather good. Anyway, this is all good practice to make sure I don't forget how to use this editor.

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Date: December 07, 2002 11:20AM
:(
I did exactly what you told me to do and now everytime I want to start GP4, my MOMO wheel turns into a handle bar, the light in my room goes off, and my guinea pigs pretend to be the teletubbies. What am I doing wrong?

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: December 07, 2002 12:03PM
Oh s--t. Did you back up the existing cars.wad? You can put it back. It shouldn't affect your momo or your guinea pig. If you replaced all of the steering wheel files correctly, it should work. Remember, you have to save each changed file separately. Then when all is done you create a wad from the file. If you keep your GP4Master file open, you can see the new cars.wad appear in it. May the force be with you.

Larry
Date: December 07, 2002 12:53PM
Okay, I just replaced the guinea_pig.wad and decrypted my TV-set. After patching my girl and formatting the indoor plants I could enjoy the new steering wheel. Oh, I forgot, I have to start my Ford in debug-mode now.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: December 08, 2002 12:00AM
Way to go, Vader. :)

Larry
Date: December 08, 2002 03:36AM
Posted by: Larry
Where there is a wheel, there is a way.

Date: December 08, 2002 07:14AM
Anybody know where I can find a decent Mclaren wheel? There are 2 on this site, but they look like the same work and are a bit sketchy.

Larry
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy