Patch vs saved games

Posted by mike 
Patch vs saved games
Date: December 02, 2002 09:37AM
Posted by: mike
After installing patch I cannot load saved game. It is call "No error" and
stop. I cannot use GP4edit to edit help aids - my file "GP4.exe is unknown
format". I had not any problem yet. Could you help me, please..
Re: Patch vs saved games
Date: December 02, 2002 10:24AM
Posted by: kirkvdb
Welcome to the patched gp4 world.....
Date: December 02, 2002 10:35AM
Posted by: Vader
Here we go:

The patched version (1.02) is NOT compatible with the original version (1.00).

Savegames in the old fromat will not load anymore. When the the patched version of Gp4 tries to load an old format file it gives you the "No error" - error. It is more than just likely that this problem will not be fixed, so better forget your old savegames, setup and controller files.

Most editors were written before the patch came out - like Gp4Edit. They are thus looking for the Gp4.exe ver. 1.00. They do not work with the patched exe, since they simply don't know it. This problem will be solveed in a few days. Expect the makers of editors to release new version sthat support the patched exe soon.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: December 02, 2002 10:38AM
Besides, do you think you will get more answers if you spam the forum with the same question over and over again?

I canniot load saved games after installing patch
Author: mike3 (---.csas.cz)
Date: 12-02-02 16:34

Patch vs saved games
Author: mike3 (---.csas.cz)
Date: 12-02-02 16:37

Twice the same post within 3 minutes! That's a bit daring.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: December 02, 2002 10:45AM
Posted by: mike
Thank you and sorry.
Date: December 02, 2002 10:56AM
To nestojí za øeè.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: December 02, 2002 02:15PM
Posted by: dave
Obviously I haven

Date: December 02, 2002 02:46PM
Posted by: Morbid
Yes I have.

Patches for Il-2 Sturmovik, Combat mission, Strategic Command, Red Baron 3D, Enemy Engaged Comanche Hokum and Civilization III do this. Just to name a few...

So who is unloading crap?

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: December 02, 2002 02:56PM
Maybe I should mention a few more, just to be on the safe side:

Anachronox patch 1.01 had problems loading games saved while in the City of Votowne. GTA III had loads of problems with saved games after patching. Sometimes you couldn't even load games saved in the patched version. Quake III patch 1.29h rendered all previous replays useless. Warcraft III 1.03 replays cannot be viewed with the 1.04 version of Warcraft III. The 1.05 patch for Uprising rendered all previous saved games useless.

Need me to dig up more?

Date: December 02, 2002 03:35PM
40 minutes later and the list continues:

Games saved in the unpatched Gunlok didn't work after the patch. The v2.1 patch for Blood II rendered previous saved games useless. The 1.002 patch for Waterloo rendered all previous saved games useless. The 1.02 patch for Blood Omen 2 could cause the game to crash if saved games from previous versions were loaded. The 445 patch for Drakan made all previous saved games useless. Saved games was not compatible between patched and non-patched versions of Soldier of Fortune. So they learned a bit a did it better for the next patch. The Soldier Of Fortune II 1.01 Patch did allow you to load previous saved games, but if a bug had been triggered before the game was saved, it would still be present when the game was loaded after the patch. Some of the Nocturne saved games were invalidated by the patch. The 1.02D patch for Fallout 2 invalidated all save games, and you need to get hold of a 3rd party program to convert your saved games to the new format. Saved games from Wages of SiN conflicted with SiN saved games, so the installer was programmed to delete them. The StarFight VI: Gatekeepers v2.02 patch invalidated all previous saved games, but you could still use them, but as the publisher stated: "at your own risk". The Pearl Harbor : Zero Hour Patch 1.22 deleted all saved games since they are were longer compatible. Age of Empires II: The Age of Kings Update v1.0.3 (Mac Only), invalidated all multiplayer games played in previous versions. The Ages of Empires v1.3.1 patch for the Mac screwed up all previous saved games.

I don't think I need to list anymore games were saved games got screwed up by a patch.

Date: December 02, 2002 03:39PM
Confess! All these crap games have viciously been written by Geoff Crammond!

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: December 02, 2002 06:26PM
Posted by: dave
OK so I admit my mistake.

(I still think its crap even if its regular practise from all companies)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy