NVIDIA GT 220 Nightmare. Any help, or I give up GP4.

Posted by gildoorf 
Hi guys!

As topic subjects, I have some weird problems with my GP4 these weeks.

All I can say is that I have a low FPS while SF Lights are dropping, and it all goes high just starting the race.

I thought of Videocard overheating, since when I just start PC and go to GP4, I´m able to run a 100% race with 35FPS and 45% PO average. I just don´t get why when I - still while game running - switch the track for another one, this does not happen anymore, and if I come back to monaco, as example follows, PO gets to 135% average. So I turn off GP4 and starts it again, start a new race at Montreal, for example, and PO goes well at 45% till the end of THAT race.

So I have to always turn off GP4 and restart it to get my spec running finely? What a mess!

Windows XP SP3 Core 2 Duo 2GbRAM

I set my NVIDIA 8500 GT these spec:

Game resolution 1280x1024
FPS 35

Anisotropic filtering 4x
Antialiasing - gamma correction On
Antialiasing - Mode App-Ctrl
(...)
Antialiasing - Transparency Use Global (off)
Extension limit Use Global (off)
Max pre-render frames 3
Multi-display Single Display mode
Texture filtering - Anisotropic sample On
Texture filtering - Negative LOD bias Clamp
Texture filtering - Quality Quality
Texture filtering - Trilinear optimization On
Threaded optimization On
Triple buffering Off
Vertical sync Use Global (Force off)

Here goes the pictures for help

And my f1Graphics.cfg too.

[rapidshare.com]
MD5: E4C8ECC9C20583854875AB8763000269

If there´s some good soul out there, please help me out.

Or there´s no chance of keep making tracks for an old-fashioned and poor-engineered software!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2011 04:24AM by gildoorf.
hi Gildoorf, you can try my f1graphics.cfg, i have a nvidia 8600 gt and my gp4 works smooth like a heap :)

[www.mediafire.com]
Have you installed any new cars/helmets?

Maybe the textures are too big and is slowing your system down?

I also have 8600GT and when my game is a little slow, I turn down the objects in the mirrors or even turn the mirrors off!

-------------------------------------------------
Ice Hockey is my Religion!
Is that a new version of Monaco?

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Turbo Lover Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is that a new version of Monaco?

i guess is monaco 2009 by f1virtual(W.I.P)

My GPGSL Career
Thank you guys :

@quickslick: Thanks mate, it´s pretty damn good, but it still works only for the first track loaded. After swithed, second track get higher PO. Besides, all my cars gone white...

@ralv585: I have all new cars and helmets, but all textures were resized to 1024x1024 and someones to even smaller 512x512. I also set teameditor to force best LOD and my cars.wad ir filled with only LOD0 files.

@SkaaningeN: I did the same but it does not help, sorry...

@Turbo Lover: yes, it WILL be if I get this f... issue solved :)

It seems there´s something related to :

1. Overheating
2. NVIDIA spec works fine for first track loaded and first race session loaded as well.

Re: NVIDIA 8500GT Nightmare. Any help, or I give up GP4.
Date: May 30, 2010 10:10PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
gildoorf Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> @ralv585: I have all new cars and helmets, but all
> textures were resized to 1024x1024 and someones to
> even smaller 512x512. I also set teameditor to
> force best LOD and my cars.wad ir filled with only
> LOD0 files.

Thats the problem. That raises the PO significantly
especially in a track that almost every 3d object is
so close to the track.
are you running debug mode on GPx Patch? i had issues with that causing sporadic huge increases in PO for no reason

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
Gildoorf,

Try these options into your Nvidia panel:

- Threaded optimization: Off
- Texture filtering - Negative LOD bias (allow)
- Texture filtering - Anisotropic sample Ctrl App

Advanced Game options:

- mirror view: cars only

If the game isn't slow anymore when you load another track, try to enable all objects in mirror view again

Into GPXpatch:
- CPU: 0
- set verbosity on medium
- disable 3D car sounds (GPxsound tab)

It should be better...but Monaco is very resource intensive, especially in cockpit view.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I have the same video card.

In last time that I have this problem, when I open my PC..... that the cooler with problem.....

If you want, I send all my f1 graphics to you, and you test everyone.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE VISIT: Grand Prix Mods Blog

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2010 05:47PM by kerleyf1.
Hey Gildoorf, this sounds more like a hardware problem. It could be a heat-cycle problem with your GPU. By leaving GP4 to restart, the GPU gets a chance to cool down a little between sessions and is ok, but when in game swapping tracks you only have the game screen menus and while that still works the GPU it's not as much so the GPU will cool off a little but not as much as when doing a full game exit. When the next track is swapped the GPU goes into a new heat cycle but was already near full heat capacity and so GPU RAM overheats and results in lower storage capacity and thus higher PO as the CPU/System RAM takes over duties.

It's just a thought.

If you're in a session, leave the cockpit and then return does the PO go up?

Or, does this happen only after a certain amount of time in GP has passed? Perhaps you have not noticed if this is the case.

Hi guys, thanks a lot you, good and mighty souls :)

Mr Pibbs, good to hear you here, mate!

Well, I´ve been talking to Paulo yesterday and yes, it seems to be a hardware messy bug... Mr Pibbs explanations suits perfectly to the facts, and yes, I have done a 100% race with the very first track loaded and it all ran fine till the end :(

"If you're in a session, leave the cockpit and then return does the PO go up?" YESSSSSS

Maybe a cooler problem, as Kerley said, maybe I need another new VideoCard, oh hell.

Meanwhile, no trackmaking in perspective, sorry.

Hello

This problem remind me of my NVIDIA 8500Gt a year ago, it was a cooling problem then.:-o
The moore a played, the more the computer shut down.:(

Regards

Hans
no worries about track makings gildoorf, the main thing is, you 'll get your computer up and running well again :)
I've just a stupid question : is this the same with a fresh un-modded installation of GP4 ?
It's maybe something with a mod or track, leaking some memory somewhere...because overheating would progressively slow down your computer DURING the race. Not suddenly from a race to another or after you left a session and came back in.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2010 09:59PM by Lo2k.
Hey there, once again...

Back to Nvidia nightmare...

I´ve just dropped my old 9500GT to this new 200 series, but I feel something goes really weird:

1. From a distance, and from the top view, some objects appear blended, and this have not occured at 9500GT ever.

2. I´m running a Quad core i5, win7 32 bit and 4Gb RAM and my specs are Game resolution 1280x1024 and 60FPS

3. About blending issue, is it somewhat related to f1graphics.cfg?

Thanks for help

My Sympathies.....

Leave GP4 ... No way.........

I threw my old PC out for a new one to play GP4 for all its got to offer..

I had the exact same issue for over 4 years with my old PC..

Had to do a lot of modification to the tex and lod files in WAD's ..

Tip: try to play game in Rear Cam view and check the output..

Quitting GP4 would be insane for a guy who's got so much to offer to GP4...
Hey,

Mr. Hasbriale, that´s sort of thing I need to hear, no ironies!

It´s so much money spent for poor results everytime I´m upgrade my specs.

GP4 is an old game, OLD. Poor engine, poor graphics, so why the f... I´m devoted to something so expensive in terms of everything?

Paulo has given me valuable tips yesterday and tests succeed for PO enhancement but this blending effect turns me down with no solution.

For example, when I going down to Eau Rouge at new Spa 2009 those trees behind grandstands above Wallonia Advert start to merge to each other, as their faces are crossed up to each other at wad file. Same for ING advert at Pitbuilding facade when I´m passsing by new bus stop chicane.

Blend effect disappear when I get close to the objects.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2011 02:21PM by gildoorf.
Same videocard here, same problems... so I'm as clueless as you are with that ones :(

My unfinished tracks: [www.grandprixgames.org]
Send bug reports and track editing questions to f1virtualblog@gmail.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy