my first proper shape edit :)

Posted by Ellis 
my first proper shape edit :)
Date: November 29, 2002 04:04AM
Posted by: Ellis
i havent yet worked out how to change points and stuff in Z-modeler, but i have worked out how to get other shapes into the game from other games, and get them workin in GP4. People who have been using z-modeler wont see that as a big deal, but i havent used it until now, so this is a decent jump for me.

Also havent worked out texture mapping yet

It looks likee a Toyota Celica, but its Actaully a merc from GTA3. Obviously not gona release it if it begins to look decent, cos i dont have permission. This is just for me messing bout

I cant post the image, cos it has a "~" in the URL, so here it is

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Re: my first proper shape edit :)
Date: November 29, 2002 04:58AM
Posted by: raztahz
looks ok...not bad :D

Date: November 29, 2002 05:00AM
Posted by: Cmspodwy
Good work Ellis!
Date: November 29, 2002 05:35AM
than guys. Looks bad because i duno how to texture map yet. The shape itself is actaulyl very detailed, and larger than the GP4 shapes. Im using this as a test dummy, so i can work out texture mapping and stuff :D

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: November 29, 2002 05:59AM
Posted by: andrew_S
first of all, you need obviously to convert the images to tga, vertically flip them (But use unflipped textures to map the car/for use in zm) and put them in the game, the car should already be texture mapped, just go into the "material editor" and rename the files to what you called the tex files, i.e bar_1,2,3, etc etc
Date: November 29, 2002 06:11AM
the textures that came with the car are in GTA3 format, and i duno how to open them for viewing. I think they might actaully be in the same file as the car.

Date: November 29, 2002 06:30AM
Posted by: NunoEspadinha
good work already :-)

-----------------------------
Virtual-Games.com: [www.virtual-games.com]
Virtual-Games.com Racing Team: [racing.virtual-games.com]

Date: November 29, 2002 12:06PM
Posted by: Orpheus
nice ;)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: November 29, 2002 12:47PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
great stuff dave, its people like u that make a game out last its skin :D

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy