Can't run Grand Prix 4 on XP help!

Posted by jimwilliams 
Can't run Grand Prix 4 on XP help!
Date: November 27, 2002 04:11PM
Posted by: jimwilliams
I can't get Grand Prix 4 to run.
It starts up, shows a black screen, then shuts down again.
The log file log.txt contains just one line:

FriendlyDeviceNames NVIDIA GeForce3 Ti 200

(I do have an NVIDIA GeForce3 Ti 200 card, and I've installed the latest drivers)

I'm running Windows XP.

I have installed the 9.6 patch, but this didn't help.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Thanks
Jim Williams
Re: Can't run Grand Prix 4 on XP help!
Date: November 27, 2002 04:27PM
Posted by: jimwilliams
I'm told this may be a Windows Xp problem rather than a graphics card driver problem. Does this seem likely?
Is anyone else running on Windows XP?
Date: November 27, 2002 05:04PM
Posted by: Zcott
It works fine for me on XP, but it sounds like something to do with your graphics card. Try some older drivers, maybe?

Date: November 27, 2002 05:10PM
Posted by: LS.
could be due to XP optimzing the programmes for better performance.

i have XP with a dual booting O/S with win98 on the other, and i find that the same games when played in win 98 are'nt as fast as in XP.

i can crank up the details in XP without any noticable difference but in 98 mode its sluggish.

i'm having the same problems as you are with GP4, with my old Geforce 2 gts 32mb card on win XP i could crank it all the detail levels up and get it running at 34 fps during practice with no other cars ( it slowed down alot when in a race due to the other cars)

but with my new Geforce 4 card it crashes to desktop, so i can only run GP4 in win 98 mode.

However in win 98 with my Geforce 4 card i get the same results as i did with my GF2 in XP mode, so i have spent £210 for nothing in regard to GP4

Nascar 2002 & GPL both run in 1600 x 1200 with maximum detail and 4 X FSAA with out breaking a sweat.
Date: November 28, 2002 02:41AM
Posted by: Roly
And make sure that xp is updated with the latest stuff on the windows update site.
Date: November 28, 2002 07:47AM
Posted by: anze89
I had this problem. It is not a game problem, but winXP problem. Did you install any old game on your computer? I did, and I had to uninstall winXp and install it again. The game runs fine now.

This is topic, in which I told my problem:
[www.grandprix3.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy