New Carshape, but also new Textures

Posted by Lo2k 
New Carshape, but also new Textures
Date: November 27, 2002 11:21AM
Posted by: Lo2k
Here is a good news, opposite to GP3, GP4 Car (and track) Textures can have bigger sizes than the original ones.

I was already knowing it about Tracks (some of Bruno's track textures are bigger than originals) but i just tryed with Cars textures, after having work on texture for CamEditor (Yes, i have now textures in Cameditor :)

Here is the result:

Think it would be interesting to see what Ralph Hummerich's team could do with 1024*1024 textures :)

A last word to say that biggest size texture also slow down the engine and use bigger size of many textures could be another source of slowdown, so will need to use them with care...

Re: New Carshape, but also new Textures
Date: November 27, 2002 11:25AM
Posted by: tux
:D

this adds more stress on the cpu tho, coz its double texture quality (ive seen it done before) and it makes the filesizes for tex files over 1mb each

Date: November 27, 2002 12:01PM
Posted by: Glyn
But it looks great :D

Date: November 27, 2002 12:37PM
Posted by: NunoEspadinha
yes.. that's good..
it's just like in F12001/2, but it really wants more from the cpu.. trust me :-)

-----------------------------
Virtual-Games.com: [www.virtual-games.com]
Virtual-Games.com Racing Team: [racing.virtual-games.com]

Date: November 27, 2002 01:11PM
Posted by: andrew_S
This has been known for ages, it doesnt solve the problems, with the rear wing, for those sort of problems, the car needs remapping im afraid :(
Date: November 27, 2002 01:28PM
Posted by: Lo2k
remapping is not really a matter either...i can now remap each polygon like i want (the new mapped piece of texture has just to be in the same texture file than the older).
Matter is to build an editor giving everybody the ability to edit it easily and if possible graphically, and THAT is the matter now and i will try to work on it till now.

Date: November 27, 2002 03:38PM
Posted by: andrew_S
well yes again it is possable to map now, anytime, so thats solved too, but no one has released it yet
Date: November 28, 2002 10:59PM
Posted by: raztahz
my dreams are coming true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date: November 29, 2002 03:16AM
Posted by: Ellis
this isnt really a great thing. GP4 is ahrd enough on CPUs as it is, and some top end machiens should really be running it beter than they are. This wont work for some people, the game will runt oo badly

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: November 29, 2002 12:52PM
Posted by: Glyn
It would be nice though if the game could be patched with these new fancy textures. When nVIDIA release the GeForce FX it should run pretty well.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy