Traction control

Posted by kronos 
Traction control
Date: November 27, 2002 01:28AM
Posted by: kronos
As this is a sim then I have to mirror the real thing and use launch control and traction control.Do the AI cars also have the same or do I have an unfair advantage?.Similiar scenario to Mansell in 92 with his active car.
Re: Traction control
Date: November 27, 2002 02:08AM
Posted by: Ellis
AI simply can put the power on perfectly as not to spin. They dont really need it

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: November 27, 2002 08:18AM
Posted by: LarryM
Who cares? It's more fun when you don't use it (traction control or condum) but you must learn sufficient control first. I use LC though, otherwise you get left behind or end uo sideways.

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Date: November 27, 2002 08:28AM
Posted by: Vader
(traction control or condum)

Haven't you heard about

???

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: November 27, 2002 12:05PM
Posted by: Glyn
I use LC though, otherwise you get left behind or end uo sideways

I was doing some experiements on this and discovered that a good manual start is quicker. I did about 10 starts, and got 1 of them spot on, and left the grid behind. The only problem is though its near impossible to do it again and again, so although manual starts are faster, the chance of having one is slim.

But like in real life - nothing gets closer :)

Date: November 27, 2002 12:15PM
Posted by: Vader
If you have gas and brake on the same axis, you can use the brake like a clutch. First gear, full throttle and full brakes. When the lights go off let go off the brake as well.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy