Sidewinder No FF on XP

Posted by tonygent 
Sidewinder No FF on XP
Date: November 10, 2002 04:57AM
Posted by: tonygent
AMD 1400, 512mb, 30bg, ATI Radeon 64mb VIVO, SB Live, XP Pro, GP4 Patched.

Hi Eveyone , have blasted through the forum a bit and appart from people saying "GP4 won't work on XP" I've not found much to help me.. :o)

I've an Sidewinder FF Wheel, (the old Game port version) and it seems to work fine in games like TOCA 2 (another classic :o) ) but for some reason there is no FF in GP4. This is REALLY dissapointing as GP3's force was pretty poor also and I was hopeing for an improvement.

It seems like the Steering wheel's Return to Center is on (so At least the wheel feels like it's pushing against you a little) but thats all.

Any ideas how to get this working. Or even what I should be feeling. There is no rumble from the Kerbs, or lightness during wheelspin. It Seems MS have forgotten the gamers as I can't find and XP sidewinder software to be able to test the forces either, but it does still work in Toca2.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Re: Sidewinder No FF on XP
Date: November 10, 2002 06:16AM
Posted by: mercedes
I have the same wheel (game port) and it works ok. The FF is weak in GP4 though. Biggest drawback with XP is that the SW-software 3.02 is not supported anymore, same for Win2000. In GP4 the effects vary for track to track. Sometimes you feel going over kerbs, sometimes nothing. You should feel when loosing traction, wheelspin and gravel/grass. I still use Win98 for the reasons above.

Rgds,
Date: November 10, 2002 10:11AM
Posted by: Morbid
There is a utility for boosting the FF effects in GP4. Look in the download section on this site.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: November 10, 2002 12:17PM
Posted by: Glyn
I never tried that utility, but apparently if you crank it up to max you get decent FFB

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy