whats this all about then?

Posted by LS. 
whats this all about then?
Date: November 10, 2002 03:13AM
Posted by: LS.
Jon Walton's & Sven Mitlehner's GP4Genius will also include editing track files. Even before it is released, Larry O'Meara again "boldly goes where no man has gone before". We are pround to present the first ever bug fixed GP4 track, Canada.

i did'nt even realise that the canada circuit had a bug in it, what was it

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Re: whats this all about then?
Date: November 10, 2002 04:09AM
Posted by: Lo2k
Hmm, where do you found that ?

And one word to clarify the situation with Car / Track editor...
Jon is working on Sven's basis code and what Sven created is not a car editor or a track editor, it's a .GP4 file editor, that means that all 3D object could be seen (and maybe soon edit) with it.
Yep, even helmet (i tryed yesterday :).

And as I am in clarifications, Deep Exploration is not the name of Jon's editor, it's just a 3D file viewer build by some company on the world.

Date: November 10, 2002 04:16AM
Posted by: Glyn
With this canada fix maybe we can soon have a spa fix to add the gravel and put the kerb in after that fast corner before bus stop (I know its name, but im not going to even try and spell it) :)

Date: November 10, 2002 04:38AM
Posted by: matthewp
blanchimont :-)

Date: November 10, 2002 04:38AM
Posted by: tux
wrong wrong wrong.

i havnt even started the tracks yet (only made a new tab page :p).

i found out about this track last night and it doesnt include the .gp4 file. so the gfx might be a bit dodgy (ive not seen it yet).

if he used Genius then i would like to know how he got it and who gave it to him!!!

Date: November 10, 2002 04:57AM
Posted by: SkAiFeY
i've got genius as well.. jon u were drunk the other nite and handed out free copies of the beta version to heaps of ppl that were online

;) :p

Chris C
--------------------------------------
GPTC & GPVWC Manager o' CVRT
HawkEyE '01WC' Driver o' CVRT
http://cvrt.tk
Date: November 10, 2002 09:09AM
Posted by: Lo2k
Nope, he surely didn't use genius but he found something really interesting too : how change behavior of the car for a given surface of the track. Pretty usefull too.

Date: November 10, 2002 09:18AM
Posted by: Larry
Before the FBI gets called on this case, let me just post here the description in the downloads section:

Modification to the Canada track file for GP4 to correct a couple of flaws: Correction makes the kerb on the exit of turn 7 behave like a kerb instead of grass, and makes the green tarmac strip after the last turn behave like tarmac instead of kerb.

The kerb after turn 7 is the one at the HONDA wall. I simply used the "known" features of Paul Hoad's track editor (and a bit of cleverness). :)

Jon, more wine?...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy