Rolling season's

Posted by jed 
Rolling season's
Date: October 30, 2002 06:27AM
Posted by: jed
Yeah I know a bit cryptic...

Not GP4 related really.

What would you guys think of have say 12 races at circuits that never change and then 5 others that rotate.

Surely with all the new tracks being made, something is going to have to give eventually....

* The tie in to GP4 *
You'd be annoyed if that happened and you bought GP5 (or GP10 - yes I think there will be more...) and it only has the 17 tracks from year 2004 (example). You'd have to buy an update to get the other 5 tracks for the following year... annoying... (And they'd cut out the ability to patch the game to add extra tracks so you'd have to purchase the update)!

JED
Re: Rolling season's
Date: October 30, 2002 07:03AM
Posted by: Ellis
i like this idea, but the thing bout GPx series is this

I think they have made this game as hard as they possibly could have for us to edit this game. They dont want it edited, because they want us to buy GP5 when it comes out.

They have used different texture mapping for each car, storing the car parts in more than one file, having carshapes in more than one file, having the exe encrypted by the newest version of safedisc. Even putting all the files into a .wad file is a way of trying to stop us editing it

yet, despite all this we have a beta track editor released, and im sure its bout 75% done by now. We have pictures of a beta shape editor (with which a texture mapper will come i belive), and we have editors such as CSC4 and GP4Master

No matter what they do, ANY game can be edited if people are willing to try hard enough. Give it a few months and i bet we will have high quality tracks like Hockenhiem 2002 etc.

No matter what they do, editors will find a way to change whats in the game.

Geoff said GP5 will be the last - theres only one sure way to know - wait

IF GP5 is the last, i think it will be VERY editable. Geoff would get a huge ammount of satisfaction from knowing everyone is making new mods for his game all the time, and not going out and buying the newest release from Sony etc.... (EA said the F1 200x series stops at F1 2003)

People will always find a way to edit games. Some of these people are better than the people making the game. Where there is a will theres a way

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: October 30, 2002 08:37AM
Posted by: tux
Date: October 31, 2002 05:02AM
Posted by: Orpheus
". Some of these people are better than the people making the game. Where there is a will theres a way"

where is rene, ralph and oh there u are dumbass :P

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: October 31, 2002 05:14AM
Posted by: tux
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy