FIA 2003 Regulations

Posted by rickm550 
Re: FIA 2003 Regulations
Date: October 30, 2002 02:38AM
Posted by: Boomy
Now I understand they cancelled Spa,that IMO it was one of the most beautiful tracks ever seen,for the shape and also for the weather often changing during week-end.

The FIA I suppose is working against the show,and the fact to remove Spa to put Brunei or whatever else is really a bad choice.

They also cutted twice Hockenheimring,and now it seems a go-kart track.

It remains Montreal and the particular Monaco,I hope they do not decide to remove them,otherwise I have to sue FIA this time :)

Boomy
Date: October 30, 2002 06:22AM
Posted by: jed
Spa is gone because of the politicians. Monaco go be struck from the track. It might have the glitz and glamour but as far as a race track that is enjoyable to watch, no way. It shouldn't even be raced because of the lack of safety for one thing.

I am a McLaren follower, but even I know that the only reason DC won there was because you can't pass on that track... YAWN!!!!

I must admit, attending a race there would be very special. Anyone attended a race there? Where did you sit? I have already got my ticket for the F1 GP in Melbourne. The grandstand inside turns 1 and 2. Hopefully there will be a major accident similar to the one this year - NOT really... I was close to that one but was in the GA Area along that straight to turn 3. The one where the marshal got killed the year before. Saw that as well. Turn 3 was where my buddies and I watched Friday and Saturday morning practice...

Can't wait for the new season now...

JED
Date: October 30, 2002 06:23AM
Posted by: jed
In english the second sentence is supposed to read "Monaco can be struck from the season".
Date: October 30, 2002 07:05AM
Posted by: Ellis
"It might have the glitz and glamour but as far as a race track that is enjoyable to watch, no way."

Monaco was the best race of 2002 IMO

not because DC won, but because of the LACK of overtaking. Knowing that altho micheal was miles quicker than DC, yet couldnt risk passing...

would he risk it? Wouldnt he?

And the pit stops - i was sure micheal would get him in the stops, but he didnt!!

Monaco 2002 was a fantastic race....silverstone was ok....the others were pretty boring. Austrlia - decent, Sepang - decent.

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: October 30, 2002 07:33AM
Posted by: simonsteele
Italy - MEGA!!!!!

Date: October 30, 2002 07:35AM
not really. I know you are referring to Eddie

But if

Ralf
DC
JPM
Kimi

didnt have problems then Eddie would have been a fantastic 7th. He just did his usual, nothing special. Just lucky

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: October 30, 2002 07:37AM
Posted by: simonsteele
Yeah, but none of them finished so Eddie got the Podium :P he was the 3rd best on the day, it's not his fault they couldn't get to the finish

Date: October 30, 2002 07:41AM
"Yeah, but none of them finished so Eddie got the Podium :P he was the 3rd best on the day, it's not his fault they couldn't get to the finish"

wrong

Kimis engine blew
Ralfs engine blew
JPM had a brake problem (i think)

DC lost a front wing but fought all the way back up after a slow lap round and a long pit stop, putting him miles behind everyone else in last.

Really, all those drivers would have trounced on Eddies egotistical behind if there cars were to last the distances

3rd on the podium does not mean 3rd best.

Date: October 30, 2002 08:35AM
Posted by: Zcott
3rd on the podium means to me "the third best package". And by package I mean car/driver/driving skill/ability to keep out of trouble/keep the car going/team work/pitcrew.

And at Monza, the Jaguar "package" in the hands of Eddie Irvine was indeed the third best out there.
Date: October 30, 2002 09:10AM
Posted by: Roly
The best races of 2002 were the 2 that those bloody red cars DIDN'T win !!
Date: October 30, 2002 11:03AM
Posted by: Xero
"The best races of 2002 were the 2 that those bloody red cars DIDN'T win !!"

2 races?!? The only race that a Ferrari didn't win was at Monaco! Best race of the season by far IMO. DC was solid!!!

Date: October 30, 2002 11:07AM
Posted by: Vader
Did you miss Sepang?

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: October 30, 2002 11:50AM
Posted by: Roly
I don't think he can count
Date: October 31, 2002 07:38AM
Sepang was Ralf winning but only because MS took out JPM at the start, and it was the 2001 Ferrari AND because RB had an engine blow

Date: October 31, 2002 07:45AM
Posted by: Vader
2 races?!? The only race that a Ferrari didn't win was at Monaco!

Still this sentence is not correct.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: October 31, 2002 08:04AM
Yes because they didnt win sepang, but i have told u the reasons :P

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy