Who uses "C" and "X" keys?

Posted by Larry 
Who uses "C" and "X" keys?
Date: October 22, 2002 01:04PM
Posted by: Larry
I mapped them to buttons on my wheel for looking left and right when outbraking an opponent but I just lose control when I try it. Does anyone here use it effectively with a wheel? Is this new feature only useful when using a keyboard for steering? Is it just a matter of getting used to the timing, because I find that it pans rather slowly compared to how quickly you could shift your eyes and head from side in real life? Any tips for using this feature or is it just a gimmick?

Re: Who uses "C" and "X" keys?
Date: October 22, 2002 01:12PM
Posted by: Morbid
If could map them to the wheel inside the game, I would. But since I have to readh for my keyboard, I never do. So no experience here. But I sure would like to know what others do.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: October 22, 2002 01:13PM
Posted by: LS.
how do you map them to your buttons on the wheel? i have a MS ffb wheel

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: October 22, 2002 01:59PM
I have a Logitech wheel so I use the Wingman Profiler software to map the "X" and "C" keys to wheel buttons. Don't know about other brands of wheels though. I would assume they have there own versions such as Thrustmapper for Thrustmaster wheels, etc.

Date: October 22, 2002 02:28PM
Posted by: Xero
I have Thrustmapper to bind my wheel buttons to C and X. It can be useful if your goin down a straight along side another car to see who has their nose in front etc.... but thats about all it's useful for with me... I would like to know whether it is possible to bind them to analogue buttons or sticks, so you could look slightly to the left/right! That would be more useful!

Date: October 22, 2002 02:33PM
Posted by: Glyn
how do you map them to your buttons on the wheel? i have a MS ffb wheel

You can do this with the Sidewinder software that came with your wheel. Its under the profiles section.

I personally dont think it makes much difference. Ive tried it with a wheel and I dont use it. If you see a car in your mirrors its obviously behind you, so keep watching it. You should then know which side of you it has gone, and if you turn into a corner and you cant see it ahead of you or in your mirrors you can guess that he's along side so take a wide line. I find driving the game like a real car works, you just know when your back end is in front of another car, and where the other cars are.

Date: October 22, 2002 02:58PM
I use the default cockpit view angle and find that the blind spot is pretty big between the front view and the mirror. I just thought it would be useful to know exactly how far ahead or behind the car in the blind spot is to eliminate a bit of the guessing.

Date: October 22, 2002 03:32PM
Posted by: tux
C nad X :o

/me goes and investigates

Date: October 22, 2002 07:57PM
Posted by: dave
I tried it for a while but agree that it

Date: October 23, 2002 12:04AM
Posted by: Timm
Tried it but doesn't add anything.

I just have LC and TC mapped on to my wheel

Date: October 26, 2002 05:27AM
Posted by: newt
What's behind me, is not important!
Date: October 26, 2002 10:01AM
What's behind me, is not important!

It is if that 'thing' decides to move to your left of right :)

Date: October 26, 2002 11:17AM
hmm,

i drive in t-cam view 90% of the time so it doesnt help me :(

Date: October 27, 2002 04:18AM
I think its really meant for the cockpit view

Date: October 27, 2002 11:13AM
in f12002 its on tcam as well :P gp4 is too lazy :P

Date: October 28, 2002 05:38AM
Posted by: Ellis
"in f12002 its on tcam as well :P gp4 is too lazy :P"

F1 2002's T-Cam moves? Sure sign of a sim.....

Driving in the T-Cam is stupid. People whine they want a sim, thend rive with the T-Cam? Isnt that just stupid?

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: October 28, 2002 07:50AM
Posted by: SkAiFeY
cockpit view sux cok in gp4 :p

Chris C
--------------------------------------
GPTC & GPVWC Manager o' CVRT
HawkEyE '01WC' Driver o' CVRT
http://cvrt.tk
Date: October 28, 2002 07:54AM
whats wrong with it? Let me guess, you one of the ppl who finds it too hard?

F1 aint ment to be easy

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: October 28, 2002 09:30AM
Posted by: simonsteele
I mainly use T-cam on GP4, i don't play Gp4 any more but that's besides the point. The cockpit view puts a massive strain on my system, but i use it during a race.

The only time i actually use the 'c' and 'x' keys is when i'm leaving the pits in cockpit view, i don't trust the geezer who gives the all clear

Date: October 29, 2002 02:08AM
"The cockpit view puts a massive strain on my system, but i use it during a race."

The PO is much higher in T-Cam view becuase it has to load up your own car and not just a cocpit shape at the bottom of the screen

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy