GP4 With Sound Blaster Audigy Cards

Posted by Cmspodwy 
GP4 With Sound Blaster Audigy Cards
Date: October 21, 2002 03:00AM
Posted by: Cmspodwy
For those of you using sound blaster audigy cards and playing GP4, I would strongly recommend you download the latest drivers for your audigy card from www.soundblaster.com.

The drivers that come with the card are not very good, but the latest ones are fantastic and solve a lot of problems.

But mainly, they speed up GP4 no end.

My AMD 1700+ with Gainward GeForce4 Ti4600 (detonator ver 40.71) and Sound Blaster Audigy was giving me a PO of over 130 at the start of races. Now it rarely gets over 90 since I installed the latest drivers.
Re: GP4 With Sound Blaster Audigy Cards
Date: October 21, 2002 09:42AM
Posted by: RichE
What spec are u running detail wise?The reason i am asking is that i am thinking of getting an Audigy myself.
Date: October 21, 2002 10:12AM
Posted by: Orpheus
well since your rich, why dont you just buy the company :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: October 21, 2002 01:05PM
Posted by: Glyn
Date: October 21, 2002 01:38PM
Posted by: Go Alesi
I have a sound blaster audio. I can't find any drivers anywhere. Is this the audigy with a different name or is it what I thinl it is; a really old crap card!

Date: October 21, 2002 03:45PM
Posted by: Zcott
Audigys are newer SoundBlaster cards, and all Audigy cards have FireWire ports on them.

If it's old and crap, it's probably a Sound Blaster 16.
Date: October 22, 2002 01:03AM
Posted by: Boils
When i downloaded the latest drivers for my audigy it stoped my sound from working completely!!
Date: October 22, 2002 02:30AM
Posted by: Cmspodwy
My PC Spec is:

ECS L7VMM Mobo
AMD Athlon XP 1700+
512 DDR Ram
Gainward GeForce4 Ti 4600
Sound Blaster Audigy Player
1 x IBM 20Gig HD
1 x Western Digital 80 Gig HD
Toshiba DVD
LG 40x CDRW
WinXP Pro SP1

3dmark Score - 10560

The audigy is the newest breed of soundblaster cards (although Audigy 2 is out now) and features full advanced HD and EAX hardware accelleration.

The reason I bought the card was because I was tired of having to lower my multimedia properties to the lowest setting in windows in order to get a decent 40fps on GP4.

Since the card is a sound hardware accelerator, it takes the load of the processor and gives me superb sound with great graphics.
Date: October 31, 2002 11:51PM
Posted by: aagancia
I just bought an Audigy. But I still get some choppiness with hardware accelaration is on.

About the driver, are you using an WinXP or ME. The disk that I have has a newer driver for ME compared to the one on the web. But the XP driver on the WEB is newer.

I'm using

AthlonXP 1600
256 MB RAM DDR
Geforce2 MX 400 64 mb.

Any advise on how to get rid of the choppines with accelation and EAX on?

I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Allan
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy