Dissapearing Visors!!

Posted by Go Alesi 
Dissapearing Visors!!
Date: October 20, 2002 01:49PM
Posted by: Go Alesi
I've downloaded a 2002 carset, and most things are fine. However, the sponsers on the inside of the visors haven't changed from the 2001 originals. The helmets have however. I've downloaded some 2002 ones, and found out that the .tex files in the cars.wad called driverxx_2.tex alter the visors and faces. Only the visors shown in this file by GP4 master have got the correct visors on! I have tried replacing them, but there's still no luck.

So the game hasn't got the visors in, but the files are shown to have them in!

Also, I've tried to improve the Toyota by downloading the one from this site. It says to replace certain prost files with the toyota ones. Well, cause I've already got a 2002 file, I need to replace the Minardi files. So I rename any files appropriately and replace the Minardi ones instead, but there is no liveries. The car is just plain white. Again, GP4 master says that the liveries are in, but they're not!!!!

If anyone could help with these.

Thanks

Re: Dissapearing Visors!!
Date: October 20, 2002 01:53PM
Posted by: genesis
If you don't have car textures on maximum / high in the Graphics menu, the cars will be white. Sorry if you already have it on high....

Visit my website [www.mrears.com]
Date: October 20, 2002 02:37PM
Posted by: Spike02
as for the visors, all of the teams visors are located in the (track).wad file

Date: October 20, 2002 05:13PM
Posted by: LS.
if you download the track updates by Ricardo Lampert they all have the 2002 season visors, they are availble on this site

williams have the HP logo instead of compaq etc......

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: October 21, 2002 03:01AM
Posted by: Ellis
"It says to replace certain prost files with the toyota ones. Well, cause I've already got a 2002 file, I need to replace the Minardi files. So I rename any files appropriately and replace the Minardi ones instead, but there is no liveries."

Which Toyota was it?

Did it include a shape?

If it included a shape then you must have it on high texture setting

Renaming files in GP4 WONT work. Textures are layed out differently and you will have a mess, not something which looks like the car you wanted

If it is shape files you renamed, i suggest you rename them back as there are lots of problems with it - things inside the file need renamed, and there is a strict number of letters you can use with each shape.

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: October 21, 2002 03:29AM
Posted by: Go Alesi
I have textures on high. The shape was already in the game. The toyota didn't have a cockpit you see, so I downloaded Guyon Waltmans toyota. I was supposed to replace Prost files with toyota ones in GP4 master. I replaced the ones named Minardi that were the original files. I renamed the .lod files from prost to Minardi.

Thanks, I'll have to start from scratch then

Date: October 21, 2002 03:42AM
Posted by: Ellis
GP4 doesnt like renaming, because it must be the same ammount of letters

"I renamed the .lod files from prost to Minardi."

prost = 5

minardi = 7

Therefore GP4 doesnt like it much

But simply putting in "minar" to keep the letter numbers down doesnt work either as it will look for liveries with that name, look for carshapes with that name, and the inside of the carshape files (unless edited) will fecth the old liveries

GP4 is very complex in the way it does this.

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy