ACT-LAB pedals won't calibrate???

Posted by badfast84 
ACT-LAB pedals won't calibrate???
Date: October 11, 2002 03:30PM
Posted by: badfast84
I have an ACT-LABS FORCE RS wheel and pedals. The wheel calibrates with no problem, but the pedals won't. The wheel is set on the x axis, the brake pedal on the y axis, and the throttle on the z axis. I have tried over and over to get the pedals to calibrate and I can always get one to work but the other one won't. I know they work because I tried them in my other racing games. If anyone knows what I can do to fix this problem I would really appreciate it.

Thanks alot
Re: ACT-LAB pedals won't calibrate???
Date: October 14, 2002 03:52AM
Posted by: LS.
maybe the split axis is the problem, sorry but i can't help any further

someone will be along shortly to help

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: October 14, 2002 04:23AM
Posted by: dave
Please continue to hold as your question is important to us and you have been place on a queue. The next available operator will be with you shortly

Grandprixgames.org has a commitment to quality, your question may be monitored for coaching purposes. Please advise your operator if you do not want your question monitored.

Date: October 14, 2002 04:37AM
Posted by: dlorde1
For the Force RS, both the throttle and brake should be set on the Y axis - when you calibrate the pedals in GP4, they will each take half the Y axis range.

Make sure that in the Properties dialog for the ACT-Labs Force RS controller in the Games Controllers option in the Windows Control Panel, the throttle pedal moves the + up and the brake pedal moves the + down (i.e. both on the Y axis). The checkbox ('Use pedals separately'?) should be cleared.

I find the Force RS wheel works very well with GP4, although I have yet to find the best setting for the force-feedback - GP4 doesn't really do it justice...

Dave
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy