LeadTek NVidia GeForce 9500GT 1GB Graphics Card - should I?

Posted by Ho3n3r 
OK Guys!!! Well I got a bit of luck, got a GeForce 9600GT 1024MB for slightly less than what I would have paid for the 9500GT. Now, I got the stutter and restart again - as with the onboard, so I decided to delve deeper, and set the PC so that it doesn't automatically restart when a system error occurs. So I get a BSOD now.

It references the nv4_disp.dll, which is a clear reference to the graphics card. Now, I have the latest WHQL drivers for the card - the 195.69 I think, but I didn't re-install them after inserting the new graphics card, because it was already installed for the onboard. Could this make a difference - the fact that I didn't uninstall and re-install the drivers?

Another possible culprit could be my only-250W power supply, but I wouldn't have thought that an insufficient power supply would give an error regarding my graphics card files?

Any thoughts guys? Have any of you had this error with the 9600GT and the latest (195.69) drivers?

At the moment I am downloading the previous WHQL drivers - 191.07 - and will be trying them tonight.

Thanks in advance for the help!
You must completely remove the old drivers. I think there is an Nvidia tool or a driver cleaner that can do this. Uninstall the card, then run the cleaner tool. Reboot, then install the new drivers, reboot again. Also, remember to disable the on board graphics in the BIOS. As for the power supply, what is the recommended rating for the graphics card, if it is underpowered, it probably wont perform as it should. A BSOD that references nv4_disp.dll is a driver problem.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Thanks again Mortal for your help and advice.

First thing: the card performs beautifully before it actually crashes - and at one stage I played for maybe 3 hours without it happening once.

I will uninstall the drivers in safe mode and then re-install them in safe mode aswell - will this make a difference at all? I am thinking of getting a new, more powerful power supply anyway, as I see see the 9600GT takes about 90W on its own. I will try my 300W again for the time being again.

I downloaded the 191.?? drivers, I will try them eventually if the re-installation of the current latest drivers doesn't solve it.

Has anyone else had stability issues while using the 195.62 drivers?

Cheers
I'd start a new post in the OT forum on the drivers issue, you might get a wider audience. No need to use safe mode either. Make sure the drivers are completely stripped from the system ok. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
OK I'll just copy post 21 on here to start a new thread in the OT. Thanks m.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy