Win 7 Ultimate. No sound hardware accelleration. [Fixed]

Posted by Camacho 
Unfortunately, i had no success with Alchemy. I'm using an old Sound Blaster Live! 24-bit External Device.
Is there anything i need to change in the Alchemy settings?

Logging Time : 31/3/2020 at 9:20:10

Loaded C:\Infogrames\Grand Prix 4 Mod\dsound.ini

DirectSoundEnumerateA : Failed to initialize Creative ALchemy, falling back to dsound.dll

Using Creative Software 3D Library
Failed to initializeCreative Software 3D Library
DirectSoundCreate8 : Failed to initialize Creative ALchemy, falling back to dsound.dll

The sound-menu stays like that:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2020 09:23AM by Carl_gpgames.
Hi

I have a similar problem with the GP32K

I found about "Restoring EAX effects on modern operating systems (and non-creative soundcards)"

I don't know if this can help you. I haven't particularly had time to test it yet.

Link: [steamcommunity.com]

Download: [mega.nz] ===>>> "tdm_eax_anycard.zip" 5.730 KB

This is the link to Creative Alchemy with the restriction remover ( Neccessary to register your dsound.dll so DSOAL works properly )

Link to DSOAL: [www.moddb.com]

Download: [www.moddb.com] ===>>> "FONVHRTF.3.zip" 4.962 KB

Read and research before using it. As I said I haven't tested it yet. I don't know if this is what you are looking for.

I hope I can have helped. Otherwise, I'm sorry for the mistake.

Regards

Evandro ( Brazil )
Thank you evroic. I have tried this "cracked" version as well but it did not work for me. Anyways; My current device is obviously not working with Alchemy so i'll probably be buying a new soundcard.
Update:

I actually got it to work with a tweaked version of alchemy (tdm eax anycard), even with using my onboard soundchip only. The solution was not to create a subfolder for the alchemy-files in the gp4 directory (for whatever reason).

You will also have to disable 3d engine sounds in gpxpatch, because now GP4 calculates the 3D-sounds itself:

The only issue i have now is when driving in onboad view the engine sounds swiches from the left to the right speaker and back. This can probably only be solved by using a sound blaster soundcard which is supported by Alchemy.

But in general the sound quality is improved hugely with this tool, especially when driving through monaco tunnel.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy