Heal & Toe

Posted by Glyn 
Heal & Toe
Date: October 02, 2002 02:26AM
Posted by: Glyn
Can somebody explain to me what heal & toe is?

Re: Heal & Toe
Date: October 02, 2002 02:58AM
Posted by: Vader
First of all a quick note on Double Clutching, befor we come to Heal and Toe.

Double Clutching

First of all let's deal with the "double declutching " issue. This is really only the British term for 'double clutching' and makes reference in some way I suppose, to the fact that it is usually a downshifting maneuver in disengaging the clutch. The first stage in a full 'heel and toe' gear change is the simple use of double clutching. On its own this is a fairly simple little dance of the toes and it goes like this:

1. You are driving along in your TR, MG or whatever in third gear for example, approaching a corner and preparing to shift to second. You brake with the left edge of the ball of your right foot as usual.

2. Depressing the clutch with your left foot the shift lever passes through neutral as this happens you release the clutch pedal out again half way, thus setting the mechanics of the clutch assembly in motion again.

3. Then fully depress the clutch to complete your shift into second.

That my friends is a double declutching. It might sound odd in print but is quite simple in action. Practice it in the driveway, with the engine off so you don't hit anything. The aim is to keep the engine and the clutch plates turning at the same speed for the moment when they engage themselves. Your car will thank you especially if you have an older vehicle that lacks effective synchromesh

Heal and Toe

Date: October 02, 2002 02:58AM
Date: October 02, 2002 02:59AM
ยง$&%!!

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: October 02, 2002 04:07AM
Posted by: dave
Thanks for that "Information Man"

Date: October 02, 2002 09:45AM
Posted by: LS.

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: October 02, 2002 12:35PM
Cheers Vader.... I tried it out with my MS FF wheel and it aint very easy cos of the pedal positions... but thanks anyway, now I know.

Date: October 02, 2002 02:24PM
engineers used to make the brake and accelerator pedals closer together back in the days before semi automatic/fully automatic gearboxs which made it easier

LS's Tip of the week
Date: October 02, 2002 02:31PM

heres an example

LS's Tip of the week
Date: October 03, 2002 03:42AM
Posted by: MysticalCrayon
sausages anyone?

Date: October 03, 2002 12:35PM
Sasuages? Pftt, burgers! :)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy