Did the patch really fail???

Posted by sobpd1 
Did the patch really fail???
Date: October 01, 2002 03:43PM
Posted by: sobpd1
Did the patches that were released really fail in there job? Consider this we know how much Infogrames, Simergy and GC don`t like their games to be edited, so by releasing a patch for a few days and then withdrawing it means that some members of this community will have a updated GP4 and all the previously made editors (GPxpatch etc,) don`t work! So the community goes hastily to work to fix this and what happens they shortly withdraw the patch, @!#$ new editors no good for eveyone as not every one got the patch, so were now split some with GP4v1 and some with GP4vwhatever, editors that work with only one of them, then what happens another patch and the same thing happens again, how would any one feel after wasting a few hours updating their editor to work with the new new patch and find out it will only work for the lucky few who got the chance to download the patch that it works with. Infogrames say there will be a new patch, but when ? it seems that there are no new editors to be found, nothing seems to be happening with SDI or Marc Arts gp4 edit or any other editors, ok some car skins will work but it`s with one or the version of GP4, so in a way Infogrames has really slowed down the editing of their game.
Now i know my views are very negative and i hope i`m wrong but what if it happens again with the next patch most people will just give up and think bugger this for a waste of time, i can remember when GP2 and GP3 was released there was fantastic new editors available every week for months on end, but it`s now happening now, for what should be the best F1 game on the planet.
Re: Did the patch really fail???
Date: October 01, 2002 04:04PM
Posted by: Vader
Even if it sounds like a bad conspiracy theory, you have a valid point here, I think.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: October 01, 2002 04:19PM
Posted by: Lilletto
One thing is sure, as soon they had a patch (even a not working one) they updated safe (really????) disk copy protection. Just to annoy us that little bit.

Date: October 02, 2002 01:56AM
Posted by: jp2
personally, i dont believe there will be any more patches, forget it. they have our money and fired the developers, putting more effort in it doesnt make sense for them.
but by releasing statements about "patch work in progress" from time to time, they keep guys like sdi from working on their editors, like sobpd1 said.

from this point of view, we could be lucky there wont be any more patches. but unfortunately, they will never admit this fact.

*sigh*, jp
Date: October 02, 2002 02:20AM
Posted by: Glyn
I think there will be another patch. I dont think they would dare to try and release GP5 without GP4 being patched and bug free because people would think twice about buying it.

Date: October 02, 2002 02:33AM
Posted by: Boomy
Talking about GP5 when GP4 is more dead than alive it seems to me an huge insult!!

Boomey
Date: October 02, 2002 04:48AM
Posted by: mortal
Sad to say but it's all been said before, it's turned into such a cock-up a few of us here spend some of our time trying to defend gp4 ;-/ With all of it's faults, fps and os difficulties it is still the best in it's genre, the ai is a masterpiece and for that alone I will put up with it's faults. If I want a sim that feels like it's on rails I'll go and play something else ;-) There probably won't be much more from the developers, and because of it some of the community will give up and lose interest and drift away. Potential new users will visit this forum only to discover that practically everyone is dissatisfied and will not buy the game, sales will plummet and it would be almost fair to say that the developers actually killed off their own product with the faulty patch release. Luckily for them they managed to offload their already lame duck before that useless patch was let loose on an unsuspecting community. As for GP5, it won't happen for a loooong time, if at all, and a patch? I doubt that too and it would want to be a good one, their reputation is on the line. I've put gp4 on the backburner for now, it all seems too hard and have gone back to my heavily modded gp3_2000. ;-)
Date: October 02, 2002 05:15AM
Posted by: jp2
yes, its still a great game. i usually have 2 or 3 ctd's per gp4-session, takes me less than a minute to restart and reload my game, could be worse. besides of that, i have hours of fun with gp4. only sad thing is the multiplayer issue. i keep hoping for a patch, but i dont really believe there will be one, as mentioned above.

greetings, jp
Date: October 02, 2002 12:36PM
Posted by: Glyn
That seems to be the general opinion in the forum.... GP4 is a great game thats well worth buying, and addictive, but it just has a few too many bugs.

Date: October 02, 2002 02:31PM
Posted by: simonsteele
I've put gp4 on the backburner for now, it all seems too hard and have gone back to my heavily modded gp3_2000. ;-)

Yep, I'm playing a modded GP3-2000.
It wasn't worth fiddling about with GP4 for hours on end, only for it to crash back to the desktop the first time i leave the garage

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy