Posted by: NunoEspadinha

yes.. it's inside the game :-/

-----------------------------
Virtual-Games.com: [www.virtual-games.com]
Virtual-Games.com Racing Team: [racing.virtual-games.com]

Re: look at what i've found
Date: September 29, 2002 07:31PM
Posted by: Lilletto
The yellow stuff it is not used, but I saw an advert for GP4 using just those for the gap between drivers, like GPxsat and real TV.
Anyway it's obsolete now, from Australia 2003 we will see timing and such from Bernie's digital TV and they use a different style.

Date: September 29, 2002 07:55PM
Posted by: NunoEspadinha
that shot you saw seems to be from the unreleased Xbox version..

-----------------------------
Virtual-Games.com: [www.virtual-games.com]
Virtual-Games.com Racing Team: [racing.virtual-games.com]

Date: September 30, 2002 02:49AM
Posted by: Glyn
The yellow stuff it is not used, but I saw an advert for GP4 using just those for the gap between drivers, like GPxsat and real TV.
Anyway it's obsolete now, from Australia 2003 we will see timing and such from Bernie's digital TV and they use a different style.

Those new graphics are a lot better in everyway. Ive seen them on F1 clips before and wished ITV had them. Take a bit of getting used to finding out where the info is, but they tell you so much more.

Date: September 30, 2002 03:28AM
Posted by: Ellis
you do realise there lots of stuff in the game thats unused tho?

theres like 5 or 6 pics of each driver, the rev counter and stuff is stored once for each TRACK

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: September 30, 2002 05:16AM
Posted by: MysticalCrayon
this makes you wonder.....

unused stuff hmmm seems like a rushed game to me.... were going to add more but then just released it instead

i think they left it there for and add-on like 2002 season or some sort of expansion

Date: September 30, 2002 11:44AM
Posted by: Orpheus
"Anyway it's obsolete now, from Australia 2003 we will see timing and such from Bernie's digital TV and they use a different style."

it seems that the digital is now on non-pay-per-view basis on some non digital channels.

here in ireland our national broadcaster and digital coverage for the first time at usgp and for free......

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: September 30, 2002 11:46AM
"Anyway it's obsolete now, from Australia 2003 we will see timing and such from Bernie's digital TV and they use a different style."

it seems that the digital is now on non-pay-per-view basis on some non digital channels.

here in ireland our national broadcaster and digital coverage for the first time at usgp and for free......

Date: September 30, 2002 11:52AM
Kinda I-Max

You seen the Digital F1 feed, but u didnt get the interactivity did you?

Thats it!

You get the feed for the racing, not the rest of the stuff.

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: September 30, 2002 12:00PM
Posted by: Glyn
What extra stuff do you get?

Date: September 30, 2002 12:04PM
The director is only a MILLION times better than normal!!!

You get new osd at the bottom

If a car is under investigation - the second the FIA announce it - it tells you. It display number of laps at top of screen. Before the race it displays the time till the start - it tells you when the pit lane is closed or open. It tells you if any flags are being waven at any point of the track

If the saftey car is out, it tells you the second the FIA announce it.

When a car pits - it tells you the time, fuel in, and approx laps u that car can go for.

It gives in-car radios with teams

When onboard it dispalys speed, revs and a rev counnter- analogue stlye

You know the normal feed gives the times betwen two cars? This one gives three at a time.

Anything i missed?

Date: September 30, 2002 12:17PM
Posted by: genesis
"If a car is under investigation - the second the FIA announce it - it tells you. It display number of laps at top of screen. Before the race it displays the time till the start - it tells you when the pit lane is closed or open. It tells you if any flags are being waven at any point of the track

If the saftey car is out, it tells you the second the FIA announce it.

When a car pits - it tells you the time, fuel in, and approx laps u that car can go for.

When onboard it dispalys speed, revs and a rev counnter- analogue stlye"

Erm Ellis we got all this with the ITV coverage.....

Visit my website [www.mrears.com]
Date: September 30, 2002 12:20PM
,no we never!

With normal feed, u had a delay between when the Saftey car was deployed by the FIA, and the sign coming up.

With Digital, the sign is up before the SC has even started to roll!

I never seen a car under investigation on ITV - we had to rely on James and Martin telling us when it came up on there comp screen. When the FIA announces it, the message is instantly on screen

"Car 1 under investigation"

For example ^

the rev counter and revs is also enw to this weekends GP

this weekend we got the Digital feed, before, we got a normal feed

These features were missng from the normal feed

Date: September 30, 2002 12:46PM
Posted by: Zcott
I'm sure we'll get that next year.
Date: September 30, 2002 12:50PM
Posted by: Lilletto
I saw digital a few times. Basically the more notable difference is that you can chose the camera.
One view is like we get most of the time and is edited by them, shifting from one car to another or to pits or whatever as they best see fit. This is where the action is and is just what we saw yesterday.
But there are more, one chasing the first, one who trails him, one is from Tcams all the time, one is pointed at pits (even when nothing happens) and, maybe, the more interisting one is the same monitor with laptimes and split the bosses have at pitwall. This is the coolest of the whole thing to me.
Last one is a sort of "replay" camera that is triggered each time something noteworthy happens. Otherwise this channel is blank.
Of course there is yet another channel who shows in smal windows what's going on each other channels.
But there is a drawback to all this good: shifting channels on digital tv is damn slow, it can take even 2 secs and with time it gets annoying since your first istinct once you got the new toy is to change camera quite often.
Easily you could actually miss something important.
After a few minutes you realize it's better to stay on the primary view.
In the end you use the regular view 90% of the time, shifting to the laptimes screen once in a while to check if that driver is catching up or not.
The real advantage of digital is that th event is edited much better than usual and that onscreen overlays are much more complete and informative.
Also I don't think that national broadcasters will have much to do in the future about we see on screen. They provide the cameras and facilities but editor and crew are from Bernie.

Date: September 30, 2002 12:55PM
"Easily you could actually miss something important."

ALL the digital camera's missed Bernoldi passing MS in sepang

Best thing for me was, watching the replays of the races- they replay the full race, with interactivity

I used to put it on onboard, and press record on the VCR and get the whole race onboard - got it with Sepang :D

Date: September 30, 2002 01:15PM
Posted by: tux
i cant load the pic :S

Date: September 30, 2002 01:20PM
Well i still see it jon :S

its here

[nuno.grandprix-x.com]

Date: September 30, 2002 01:49PM
Posted by: tux
ok, i see it now :)

Date: October 06, 2002 05:34AM
When a car pits - it tells you the time, fuel in, and approx laps u that car can go for

which is wrong.............

when trulli went in in indianapolis there was 34laps left or something and it said approx. laps 25.

that wld mean he would have to pit with 9 laps to go. but he never pitted again.................

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy