Must be sound

Posted by RichE 
Must be sound
Date: September 27, 2002 12:43PM
Posted by: RichE
I am running Gp4 at nearly max settings and get a recommended frame rate of 35, so far so good yeah.I sit on the grid and the PO is about 80 until the engine noises start up and then it will flicker between 80 and 300.As i begin the race it settles down to about 70 and all is well only every now and again in the same places on the track the PO jumps up to 200 and the game stutters slightly,very annoying.This is obviously a sound problem as when i uninstalled the sound drivers and ran the game with no sound i was recommended 56 in the framerate test and the PO was stable at around 60 during a race.I am usind 2D only in the sound configuration and have tried all manner of drivers.My sound is from an onboard c-media chip but i am thinking of buying a dedicated soundcard.Will this solve the problem or is it just another problem with the game as i have already thrown enough money at my system trying to get this game running Ok.
Re: Must be sound
Date: September 27, 2002 12:48PM
Posted by: Glyn
Ok, are use running reduced sound in Windows too? As well as enabling 2D sound in the game you need to head to Control Panel>Sounds & Audio Devices, click Advanced and the Peroformance tab. Now reduce hardware acceleration to the 2nd from bottom setting, and turn the sample rate conversion quality to 'good'. When I did this I noticed quite a bit performance increase.

Date: September 27, 2002 01:15PM
Posted by: RichE
Thanks for the reply Neil,tried those no difference,i dont think its a general performance problem as its so spasmodic but i think i might need a soundcard.I dont understand how the sound can affect the Po so much when the soundchip should be doing the work or is that not the case?
Date: September 27, 2002 01:30PM
Posted by: Lilletto
every now and again in the same places on the track the PO jumps up to 200 and the game stutters slightly

This is not related to sound but is a well known bug of the game (already in Morbid's buglist) hopefully to be fixed by the patch.
And yes a Creative card can definitely improve your performances, plus giving you the cool EAX effects of 3D sound.

Date: September 27, 2002 02:14PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
thats a sound explanation.

hahaha

Date: September 27, 2002 02:32PM
Posted by: Lilletto
Hard to digest potato salad uh? :D

Date: September 27, 2002 03:09PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
yeah bloody disguisting..oh well, its all gone now *burp*

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy