This Game

Posted by dude 
Re: This Game
Date: September 22, 2002 10:54AM
Posted by: anze89
Don't be so smart Dude. You are imagine that you got a betther PC than we all. GP4 grafic is perfect. Sound is really crap. About bugs is that a little strange, because I've got GP4 for two months, and I never had seriously bug. In main menu I never had bug. Are you sure that your sistem is working correctly?

Date: September 22, 2002 10:59AM
Posted by: genesis
"Bottom line, this game should perform better on a given high-end platform than it does"

Give this guy a medal, he's worked out the big mystery to GP4's performance lol.

Please please please mister Newbie, look back at the last, hmm 100 pages of this forum, and you will find this is a common theme. By adding yet another post about it doesnt solve your problem. Reading past threads will.

Visit my website [www.mrears.com]
Date: September 22, 2002 11:08AM
Posted by: reggie
My PC is absolute top-of-the-line in every way, and there is no excuse for GP4 to perform the way it does...

wtf
your pc is at least in the middle of pc config and nothing more or less

\\Visit RenaultF1 Team homepage//

\\[www.renaultf1.com]//

\\ 100% RENAULT //

Date: September 22, 2002 11:59AM
Posted by: anze89
And how is then posible that your grafic suks?

Date: September 22, 2002 03:51PM
Posted by: Vader
Hahaha! You are so easy to fool! The Dude is another one of my inumerable identities! Good joke, wasn't it? I am The Dude!

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: September 22, 2002 04:00PM
Posted by: shmall
The Dude wrote:
>
> There are more factors to performance than CPU speed
> (although I seriously doubt your Athlon at that clock speed
> will outperform mine - it might match it in frames, perhaps).
>
> My RDRAM offers much more memory bandwidth (hence, 3D
> performance) than any other memory technology.
>
> My Ultra160 15K hard drives will absolutely destroy whatever
> cheap IDE solution you are using.
>
> Bottom line, this game should perform better on a given
> high-end platform than it does.

your cpu is slow adimt it, my xp1900+ running at xp2200+ will totally smoke your old P4......

RDRAM at 533 (1066) is very good ,but my DDR400 is almost as fast.

Your HDD are good, but your graphics card is old tech too.

No way do you have a "top of the line" PC.....
Your PC is Mid range only..... sorry ,but true.

I can GP4 with all grphics at max at 1280x960 with 2xFSAA and 4x AF at 35fps (which is fast enough to be very smooth) and it looks awesome and runs great.

You need to lower your specs for GP4 with not having a "top of the line "PC......

This maybe bad, but all the GP sims when they came uot needed better systems if memory serves me right......

Simon.
Date: September 22, 2002 04:24PM
Posted by: dude
God, you British are unbelievable.

Look again, I said it slows down when I am running all details and there are many cars.

The graphics are a small part of my dissatisfaction.

And to the jerk who suggested that I should be able to run Quake 3 at 150 fps; yes I can at 640 X 480. The 90 figure I mentioned was high resolution and max details.

Bottom line (again), this game should perform better than it does. Every other game out there performs better than this one on a given piece of hardware.

Now let's talk about your teeth. What is it about the British? Why do you all have bad-looking teeth? I noticed that everyone who has replied with a critical message to me has been a Brit.

It's the teeth thing, isn't it? You know I'm American and have better teeth than you.

The game performs decently at best on my machine (because it rocks), but the feel is lacking and the quality of the graphics is not as good as other games, period.

Tell you what - If any of you can suggest something helpful (which is what I thought this forum was for), do it. I don't think anything any of you can do (outside of writing a patch that fixes the game's shortcomings), but if you can, knock yourself out.

Otherwise, why don't you Brits just go to the dentist or something? You act defensive like Crammond is your brother or something, just because he's a Brit.

God, I love flaming the Brits....
Date: September 22, 2002 05:04PM
Posted by: genesis
LOL Dude. What the feck are you going on about.

We (I speaking for myself really here as a Brit) haven't been sticking up for Geoff recently. Everybody concerning Gp4 seems to continuously pass the buck - so it's hard to know who to point the finger at. I'm interviewing Geoff Crammond soon however (yes, really) and so hopefully I can get some answers out of him then.

Secondly, yes maybe we do have worse teeth, but thats because we concentrate more on the intelligence than on cosmetics (not aimed at any other American - just 'Dude' ;) ).

Visit my website [www.mrears.com]
Date: September 22, 2002 05:25PM
Posted by: Larry
Haven't you ever heard that a game like Quake is not as demanding on a system as an auto racing game? (Apparently not.) And why would I want to help anyone who tries to perpetuate ethnic stereotypes?

BTW, I'm Canadian just in case you want to sink to an even lower level to satisfy your craving for insults.

While you're at it, could you please check my spelling, please.

Date: September 22, 2002 05:29PM
Posted by: lionrampant78
Well we might have bad teeth , but at least 70% of the population isn't over 30 stones in weight....
Date: September 22, 2002 06:52PM
Posted by: shmall
"Teeth", what the hell is the guy going on about, he seems to have completly lost the plot.......

very strange guy indeed......

First he complains that it doesn't run very well on his "top of the line" pc, only to find that his pc is only "mid range", so then he goes on about "Teeth"..... lol

Very strange uy indeed, I do hope he is not your typical American....??

Simon.

btw, my teeth are great , thanks very much.....
Date: September 22, 2002 07:44PM
Posted by: Morbid
Psst!! Do NOT feed the Troll...

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: September 22, 2002 07:59PM
Posted by: MysticalCrayon
ARRGH stop whining!!!!! I only have a P2 400 256 SDRAM geforce 2 MX and GP4 runs LIKE #%@$ I cant even race i can only do free practice

Date: September 22, 2002 09:31PM
Posted by: Lilletto
And to the jerk who suggested that I should be able to run Quake 3 at 150 fps; yes I can at 640 X 480. The 90 figure I mentioned was high resolution and max details.

Oh wow! You're in damn good shape then! I bet you were one of the lucky guys who used to run Doom at 320x400.

Tell you what - If any of you can suggest something helpful (which is what I thought this forum was for), do it. I don't think anything any of you can do (outside of writing a patch that fixes the game's shortcomings), but if you can, knock yourself out.

Buy yourself an Athlon. It will help no end.
Pssst...I'm italian, so I have better teeth than you, better neck, better chest, better belly and much better what follows next.

PS...while you are in the mood of checking spelling and grammar around, please take a trip at JFK airport. First time I was there I thought I took the wrong flight and was landed in Kinshasa.

Date: September 23, 2002 02:00AM
Posted by: Ellis
"God, you British are unbelievable."

LMAO

In an international forum you think we are all brits?

With names like Paolo?

and ISPs ending in .au and .it?

LMAO!!!

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: September 23, 2002 03:07AM
Posted by: Glyn
This thread gets better and better :D

I think Dude should stop digging deeper into his rather large hole and let us pull him out - the offer is there mate!

Date: September 23, 2002 03:13AM
Posted by: SkAiFeY
"Take it from me mate, a P4 2.0 is no where near "Top of the line"...lol
its even slower than an AMD xp1600+......"

wot the?
a p4 2.0 runs at 2000mhz
a xp1600 runs at like 1400mhz lol

as for "the dude" go get a brain :D

Chris C
--------------------------------------
GPTC & GPVWC Manager o' CVRT
HawkEyE '01WC' Driver o' CVRT
http://cvrt.tk
Date: September 23, 2002 11:58AM
Posted by: Glyn
as for "the dude" go get a brain :D

LOL!

Date: September 23, 2002 02:42PM
Posted by: JohnW
And you guys thought my entry into the forum was a bit abrupt !

In my short sim career, I have learned one thing. Big frame rate numbers are not nessissary for the game to look good. What you need is decent frame rates no matter what goes on during the game. GP3 runs at about 27fps, on my system, because that's as fast as it will ever go. With my new video card, I get no slow downs in GP3 at all. I also have recently purchased F1-2002, since it was on sale for $19.99. It will run anywhere from 40fps to 60fps. That's will everything maxed out on the settings. In my opinion, it seems not much smoother. It is more detailed, but I didn't find it that much better to look at. I tend to just care about the car and the track anyway. I'm driving, not sight seeing.

The Dudes computer is quite nice, yes it is not TODAYS top of the line, but is still a fast system. In many gaming applications, the AMD board and CPU will out perform a faster P4 Intel chip and board. His video card is no slouch at all and should be more than up to most tasks. Just how much money do we need to dump into a computer , just to play a darn computer racing sim ?! The game is only about $40 ( US ) I think. Do we need a $400 video card and 2+ gig proccessor to make it just OK ? If so, something is amiss. Which seems to be the current consensus.

I'm getting hours of fun with GP3 and have dabbled with F1-2002 a bit as well. My computer is way below some of yours. I won't upgrade anything , just to make GP4 fun. If I could find a US copy of GP3-2000, I'd get it. Heck, I like trying the GPL playable demo too.

My "low end" config:

AMD Athlon 1.0 Ghz
256Mb PC133 RAM
generic geForce 3 Ti-200 ( 64Mb )

JohnW
Date: September 24, 2002 12:39AM
Posted by: Anonymous User

Taking of gpl - i just started playing it again and it f_cking rocks :P:D

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy