BORED

Posted by gnoppi 
BORED
Date: September 12, 2002 01:21PM
Posted by: gnoppi
I was so bored of this crappy stuff
1 - installed twenty times, uninstalled nineteen times
2 - update & downdated (lol) video audio drivers
3 - patched - repatched - trans-patched so many times my PC isn't powerful enough to count 'em.
4 - I do NOT want to crash my working system (or make it unstable my) for this game,

SO................................

I sold GP4 for 20 euro to a friend of mine (Ehi I lost more value in three months than an argentinian bond in the last year - lol)

Bye bye Geoff & Infogrames.
You fooled me for the last time.
Re: BORED
Date: September 12, 2002 01:26PM
Posted by: tux
Date: September 12, 2002 01:32PM
Posted by: LS.
you ought to send that post to infogrammes luca

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: September 12, 2002 01:37PM
I've already done it.
Date: September 12, 2002 01:40PM
yay :D

Date: September 12, 2002 02:24PM
Posted by: Lilletto
S**t me and Boomy are the only Italians left here! :(

Date: September 12, 2002 02:42PM
Date: September 12, 2002 03:39PM
Posted by: Orpheus
:(

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: September 12, 2002 10:05PM
Posted by: SkAiFeY
:O

i betcha u'l be askin for that gp4 cd back someday soon :p

Chris C
--------------------------------------
GPTC & GPVWC Manager o' CVRT
HawkEyE '01WC' Driver o' CVRT
http://cvrt.tk
Date: September 13, 2002 12:18AM
Sure, if and when it'll work on standard machine.
Date: September 13, 2002 01:53AM
Posted by: Ellis
Why did u uninstall and reinstall so many times? I never had to do that, unless it was a custom mod that messed it up (which aint got nofin to do with infogrames and Geoff)

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: September 13, 2002 03:04AM
Cause I installed dozens of different drivers to make it running - with no result.

I tried a hundred combinations of drivers - patched/unpatched - crypted/uncrypted exes - CD/NOCD exes - compatibility modes.

GAME RESULT: always crash to desktop.

MY RESULT: Sold this shitty program. Point.
Date: September 13, 2002 05:07AM
Posted by: Boomy
Why did you do that?

GP4 , listening some happy forumers , is the best game ever done,without any bugs and above all without any reasons to bore with complaints.

IMHO ,without e second heavy patch, could be sold.

Boomer
Date: September 13, 2002 05:53AM
Posted by: mortal
Very funny Boomy, and Luca, you did not post your system specs. What do you mean by a standard system. What about your os. What did you patch? The exe, the IG patch? Did you ask for help here, did you search the forum for information? No, it's easier to waste your bandwidth trashing it. Tell someone who cares ;-)
Date: September 13, 2002 06:03AM
Ok,

AMD 1400,Geforce MX 400 64 MB,W ME.

Os fully updated,latest Nvidia detonator,official game and offical 4.0 patch,no editor and no 3rd part software.

I own this pc from 1 year and I can swear I had only 2 crashes in 1 year with other software / games .
Beeing a network admin as job I think to have clue on what I do.

Medium utilization= 1 hour per day for latest year

Anyway thanks for your help,in this way we can have a serious discussions....

Boomer
Date: September 13, 2002 06:35AM
Posted by: mortal
My suggestion is to remove winme and install and test with win98se. Do not install the official patch, use only the no_cd.exe. My bet is it will run and run well. I know it says in the manual that it will run on win me and there are for sure some users that actually have it running on win me but we are not in an ideal world are we ;-) and I think that by know you might just have figured out that you can't really believe everything IG say :-) It's fairly obvious that for some users there is no easy solution to getting it up and running and running at a good framerate. It is possible though and the effort is well worth it. Or you could even make a new post in the forum and ask the question, winme and gp4 users? What cpu, card? drivers etc?Who knows where a civil question will take you? Those of us who have it running will vouch for that. Get off your ass and get to it.
Date: September 13, 2002 06:41AM
---Who knows where a civil question will take you?---------

lol :)
Date: September 13, 2002 08:44AM
OK - My PC:

AMD ATHLON XP1800+
EPOX 8KHA+
MSI GEForce 3 TI 500
512 MB RAM CAS 2
ADAPTEC 2940U2W
SOUNDBLASTER LIVE
WINXP Pro

Os fully updated, Nvidia 30.00, latest audio drivers official game and offical 4.0 patch, no editor and no 3rd part software.

Never had a crash (only with CD-burning software due to incompatibility with WINXP).

Games like GP3, Quake Arena, Unreal Tournament, Colin McRae 2 - 3D Mark 2001SE in loop 50 times without crashing.

Enjoy.
Date: September 13, 2002 08:48AM
I believe there are detonator 40.XX for XP.

Boomer
Date: September 13, 2002 08:50AM
I find that solution simply absurd (nothing personal, OK?)
After 15 years of crappy Micro$oft OS's I finally found one that works perfectly and the only way to make this (and only this) game working is to remove it or dual boot my machine.
NO WAY!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy