Patch guinea pig

Posted by sgtbilko 
Patch guinea pig
Date: September 09, 2002 05:51AM
Posted by: sgtbilko
Hi

Spent the last 2 hours playing with the patch so not a comprehensive report here but I was soooo curious & I have a day off (at last!!)

Installed patch no probs + added cracked exe file, wasn't sure if game would run since I have so many add ons but it does.

Here's what I have found so far...

*Wheel pulls left - fix in controls menu, didn't do it before.

*Miss the extra force feedback from FFBPower1.03 badly, also as expected no other add ons work like the silly black flag rule as killed by gp4 disabler(mention this in case any newbies were wondering)

*Numerous crashes to desktop - believe it or not the game was stable on my PC before the patch!? Crashed to desktop when pressed esc in pits during free practice and numerous times during quali sessions - bloody pain when near the end of a fast lap.

*Change view button in pits toggles pit crew in & out of existence but doesn't change car view, intermittent this bug..

*Marshalls definitely behave better than before. Only definite improvement this one.

*AI seems a bit better maybe (but I'm not really sure?)

The crashes to desktop are quite serious as I intend to sack the patch this afternoon it could mean we won't benefit from future editor upgrades if we don't have it installed.

Phil
Re: Patch guinea pig
Date: September 09, 2002 05:53AM
Posted by: Ellis
GP4 was also stable on my PC, it never really crashed to desktop much, i also quit before it got to that tho..

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: September 09, 2002 05:54AM
Posted by: Boomy
Did you deeply follow patch instructions about how to prevent this?

Let us know,we are corious as well!!

Boomey
Date: September 09, 2002 05:55AM
"Did you deeply follow patch instructions about how to prevent this?"

Thats easy - dont download it and you wont have these problems

Infogrames seem to be on a mission to piss off as many people as possible in as short as time as possible

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: September 09, 2002 05:57AM
We should give it a try,before fighting.

Moreover I know there is already an editor for the 4.0 patched version..I don't know what it does......

Boomey
Date: September 09, 2002 06:12AM
<Did you deeply follow patch instructions about how to prevent this?>

What? Seriously? I have just re read the patch instructions & there is nothing I can see about prevention although I can't really swear that the crashes aren't caused by the gp4_decrypt_p1 file which I have overwritten gp4.exe with..

I'll reinstall the patch & try the game with the CD in drive now & see if it still goes tits up.

<Moreover I know there is already an editor for the 4.0 patched version..>

Where is it? I'll give it a go...

Phil
Date: September 09, 2002 06:25AM
I have read in instructions how to prevent it. I didn't downloaded the patch,but I have read the readme in pop up menu,not that one in patch file ,maybe they are the same but I can't swear it.....

Boomey
Date: September 09, 2002 06:49AM
The readme on how to prevent it appears in the pop-up but NOT in the downloaded file it seems

Date: September 09, 2002 06:52AM
Mystery in getting deeper and deeper...who will be the murderer?

Boomey
Date: September 09, 2002 07:03AM
Which pop up where? I just went to the UK & German sites & couldn't find it at all.

Phil
Date: September 09, 2002 07:07AM
Yep,you have to open the site ex novo and a pop up appear.Exactly 1 inch below where you click to download the patch...

Boomey
Date: September 09, 2002 07:10AM
Go to

[www.grandprixgames.com]

and press refresh till the pop-up appears at the top left - it doesnt always work so refresh till it does (even the official site is buggy)

Date: September 09, 2002 08:50AM
Posted by: Lilletto
Yes it is GP4edit by Marc Aarts.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy