Help - My Car has a life of its own!!

Posted by AliMurray 
Help - My Car has a life of its own!!
Date: September 06, 2002 11:16AM
Posted by: AliMurray
I've been playing GP4 since it came out, without too many problems, but recently, I get a VERY annoying problem.

After about 5-10 mins playing, I either lose the Force Feedback effects, or worse still, lose all control of the car, and the steering heads off at full throttle into the barrier.

I thought at first this was some fancy damage simulation, but it now happens every time, and i am losing patience.

If I exit the game, i normally find in control panel/Game controllers that my MS FF wheel is either not connected (it is!) or i have various other non-existent game controllers showing.

If I delete these, or re-add my MSFF wheel, all is well, but only for another 10 mins.

Can't think why this should have started recently. I re-built my pc a few weeks ago, but as far as I know, have used all same drivers and win 98 as before.

Any ideas welcome.........

Ali
Re: Help - My Car has a life of its own!!
Date: September 06, 2002 12:02PM
Posted by: gnoppi
Does this happens only in GP4 or in all games?

Well, frankly, I always hated GPx Menus. They are archaic, too DOS remembering, and I think that going through eight screens just to load a wheel as a default device control, is crappy.
Date: September 06, 2002 02:21PM
Only in GP4........

I agree there are too many menus in GP4

one option I really would like is a quick re-race - if you have gone off the track or been damaged, just to be able to hit ESCAPE and restart without going through 4 menus and waiting for the whole thing to reload unnecessarily.

Ali
Date: September 06, 2002 02:27PM
Posted by: Spike02
well i always thought that the animated menu screens were way better than the still photos of GP3 :P

Date: September 06, 2002 03:24PM
Posted by: matthewp
the backgrounds are much better but as far as I can tell the menu structure is still the same i.e. PANTS :-)

Date: September 07, 2002 01:09AM
Hello.........

We seem to be getting away from the point!

Can anyone offer any suggestions to fix my Steering Wheel problem?

Ali
Date: September 08, 2002 04:04AM
Posted by: Glyn
Perhaps its not the game?

Perhaps your addicted to beer and dont know your drinking it?

Date: September 08, 2002 05:47AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
hehe i had that happen in CMR2 when playing with friends, it happened every 10 mins or so. We just pretended it was a steering failure... :P

Date: September 08, 2002 06:01AM
Posted by: gnoppi
Is an USB or a joystick port one?
Date: September 08, 2002 12:03PM
Posted by: Glyn
None... me and Chris have come to the conclusion its beer :)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy