Ver 2 patch bug report

Posted by ramoats 
Ver 2 patch bug report
Date: September 06, 2002 08:05AM
Posted by: ramoats
Ok, getting to the buisness at hand...I was able to install the warez version from Neils site. I deleted the appropriate config and sav files so gp4 would start from scratch. For some reason now, it's more difficult to set up my Microsoft Sidewinder (Non-FF) wheel and pedals. The interesting bug is that immediately after successfull set up and calibration, the mouse pointer is starts behaving strangely. When ever you move the mouse it causes flickering on menu selections that aren't near the pointer. The mouse is a Microsoft optical wheel mouse. I am not using the intelipoint software that came with it. It's just an annoyance really. Now I have to see if things are better in game. Oh, the problem with disabling skymessages (which is nice) is you can no longer check PO. Oh well.
Any ideas on the flickering anyone???

RA Moats
Re: Ver 2 patch bug report
Date: September 06, 2002 08:41AM
Posted by: gnoppi
It's not so strange. It happened to me with the "official-beta" one.
I have a Sidewinder FF and an optical MS mouse.
Another reason to f..k off Infogrames.
Date: September 06, 2002 08:59AM
Posted by: dave
Its been happening to me for a while now. It started when I installed the beta version of th nvidia driver but has stayed even though I have formatted my drive, chaged windows version, upgraded everything, and installed the previous driver. WTF?

Date: September 06, 2002 09:04AM
Posted by: genesis
No such problems for me.

The thing about not being able to see the PO is a good one, trust me. We're no longer obssessed with lkeeping it below the stupid 100 mark, we can just play the game.

Visit my website [www.mrears.com]
Date: September 06, 2002 09:32AM
Posted by: Lilletto
True but we cannnot know anymore when other cars pits, and this is annoying

Date: September 06, 2002 10:42AM
Posted by: ramoats
Luca, Dave.....go to the workshop/menu setup and disable tool tips. It stopped the behavior on my machine!

RA Moats
Date: September 06, 2002 10:47AM
Posted by: gnoppi
Thanks for your suggestion. But I will not try again because I cannot even uninstall the game after installing the patch. Had to remove the file manually reinstall it and then uninstall it. Ridicolous.
Date: September 06, 2002 03:41PM
Thanks mate I will try and let you know

Date: September 06, 2002 04:56PM
It works, YAY

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy