I AM FEELING SO LET DOWN< ANYONE ELSE?

Posted by Beardless2 
I AM FEELING SO LET DOWN< ANYONE ELSE?
Date: September 04, 2002 01:56PM
Posted by: Beardless2
Think back to pre July time, how many of all of us were talking up the gp4 screenies and saying what an amazing game gp4 would be. I know i was one of them. I love gp1, 2 and 3 and even bought the money spinner gp3 2000. GP4 has the potential to be the best sim around for years to come, however, i feel as tho it has been coded by a bunch of amatuers. GFX are great, handling great, GPS great. The way it runs is not and there are infinite bugs and not even internet play or safety car. They rushed the release date to keep up with f1 2002.

The last straw was when this patch came out, and now they have to release a patch to fix the patch. Very unprofessional. Infrogrames have a complete cash cow on their hands with the gpx name and i feel they are ruining it.

Dont get me wrong, i like gp4 more than any other gp game, but it has not caught me like the other games purely because of all these problems.

Please release a PROPER patch Geoff.

Band of the week: Muse
Game of the week: Call of Duty

Beardless2

AMD XP 2700+ | Asus A7N8X nForce 2 Deluxe | 1 GB PC2700 RAM DC | ATI RADEON 9800 | WD 120GB 8MB | NEC 16x DVD | Lite-on 48x24x48 | XP
Re: I AM FEELING SO LET DOWN< ANYONE ELSE?
Date: September 04, 2002 02:23PM
Posted by: BorgDroneX
I agree with you m8, specially about the part:-
however, i feel as tho it has been coded by a bunch of amatuers
Geoff & the Infogames crew could learn alot from some ppl on this forum and else where, why they dont take notes from such progs&editors i dont know and GP4 has the potential to be so much more but like you said they rushed it....if they do bring a GP5 out then they haver a lot to do to make up for the dissopintment of Gp4 but i have to say that GP4 dispite everything is still the best racing/f1 sim out (my oppinon anyway)

Intel Board
Pentium 4 2GHZ
512 Meg Rambus Ram
Gforce 2/mmx400 64 Meg Graphics Card
SoundBlaster Live 1024 Sound Card
60 GIG main & 40 GIG seconary hard drives
52x CDRom
2x6x6 HP Burner :O(((( sad i know but no money for updated model

AND GP4 STILL DRAGS IT ASS LIKE A SORRY DOG!!!!GRRRRR

RESISTANCE IS NOT FUTILE
Date: September 04, 2002 02:41PM
Posted by: CWM

Hi!

Yes little down i am but with all help from here its work fine for me now thanks all !! :) And that are still the best game i have play on PC :):)

Move Ferarri Here Toyota is coming!
Date: September 04, 2002 02:57PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
It seems the patch wasnt supposed to be released yet, so maybe that isnt their fault. Of course it shouldnt need a patch in the first place.

I agree, it is a let down...but what can we do?!

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: September 05, 2002 03:00AM
Posted by: Glyn
I personally dont blame Geoff as he does the physics and AI, and really they are spot on in every department (few minor bugs here and there though).

Its more the rest of the team and Infogrames who are messing us about. As for the patch, I have reason to believe (like qwerty - sheesh, I nearly forgot how to spell that then :) - said) the patch was not meant to be released. Hence why its only on the German site.

Date: September 05, 2002 02:44PM
Posted by: Beardless2
I wish Geoff would take himself and a few others to a diff company, GP5 would serorously rock then.

Band of the week: Muse
Game of the week: Call of Duty

Beardless2

AMD XP 2700+ | Asus A7N8X nForce 2 Deluxe | 1 GB PC2700 RAM DC | ATI RADEON 9800 | WD 120GB 8MB | NEC 16x DVD | Lite-on 48x24x48 | XP
Date: September 06, 2002 02:37AM
Posted by: Glyn
I guess GP4 was constructed with a graphics team (who did an excellent job), Geoff who did the physics and AI (and he also did an excellent job) and then there is the middle man. Those are the chaps who need replacing!

Date: September 06, 2002 02:58AM
Posted by: Ellis
You do know that Geoff and co aint getting a choice in release dates

INFOGRAMS chooses the release dates, and pushed the release date of the game, and probably the patch too, and thats why they werent finished.

Blme infograms. They have a history of messing up games in this way

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: September 06, 2002 06:10AM
Posted by: Arbiter
I run it flawlessly on a WinXP pro, Geforce4 Ti4400 128mb DDR, lots of DDR for the system, and a P4 1600Mhz CPU. And a Guillemot FF wheel with not so good drivers. @ least it has never CTD (Chrashed to desktop) So I'm a bit confused of all these reports. Maybe some problemsolving techniques should be the topic in stead of the release of frustration ( which I understand when one encounters these mishaps)
Date: September 06, 2002 06:19AM
U must be the only one with no problems

this game has more bugs than Volkswagon!

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: September 06, 2002 06:22AM
Posted by: genesis
"Maybe some problemsolving techniques should be the topic in stead of the release of frustration"

Yeah we tried three months of doing that - now frustration time.

Visit my website [www.mrears.com]
Date: September 06, 2002 06:52AM
Why did Infogrames have to get involoved?

GPx was birlliant until they turned up! If they werent here, we would have this buggy game!

Date: September 06, 2002 09:11AM
Posted by: genesis
Hmm but everyone does know that Microprose IS Infogrames right?

Infogrames bought out Microprose not long after Grand Prix 3 (not surprising after the game's success) and alas Microprose became part of Infogrames. Unfortunately, it seems that all the Microprose staff were sacked and the Infogrames ones kept,

Visit my website [www.mrears.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy