Question for the Crammond/Infogrames crew

Posted by mortal 
Question for the Crammond/Infogrames crew
Date: August 29, 2002 05:21AM
Posted by: mortal
Now we all know that you're going to read this, this is the number one GP series website/forum and let's face it how else do you guys keep up with all the editing and great ideas that we the users of your product come up with. My question to you guys is how much longer do we the consumers who parted with our hard earned cash have to wait for a patch to fix numerous bugs including occupancy issues, XP issues etc. etc. etc. Many users have given up trying to get this to sim run, others I personally know of, and including myself have been forced to revert to another OS just to get it to run, albeit at a woeful frame rate, some users with 1.4GHZ cpu's struggle to get a decent frame-rate. Totally out of order when I see the performance and fps available from ea sports offering. Users are giving up on this in droves and the series will go down the tube if something is not done soon, I see GP5 being released and no-one being able to run it unless they own a Cray supercomputer the size of an apartment block! I am sure there are many of us who would really appreciate some sort of feedback. Regards from a disillusioned and unhappy with the "out of the box" product user.
Re: Question for the Crammond/Infogrames crew
Date: August 29, 2002 05:30AM
Posted by: Ellis
I am also getting a bit sick of it

BUT i think i know when the patch is released

See, they wont release a buggy X-Box version - thats unfixable - they will want all the bugs fixed

I think the patch will be out when the X-Box verison is.

I no longer play GP4, i have more fun making the cars for it and changing things about

Im not having any fun running over invisible kerbs, being stuck in the pits, etc.

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: August 29, 2002 05:59AM
Posted by: tux
but its still wrong making us the beta testers for the x box version :@

Date: August 29, 2002 06:26AM
yes i know, but this isnt crammonds fault, its infograms

They have a history of pushing for release dates - they were made to release it before it was finished....again

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: August 29, 2002 06:43AM
Posted by: niko
Your totally right. Is it really necessary to try out how far you can go with your consumers?

An other thing: I'm visiting this Site the first time because I was looking for help with LAN games and I had to realize that it worries almost nobody that its not possible to play a proper Multiplayer game (Championship Season). While I think its the most important feature in the game.
Date: August 29, 2002 07:05AM
The reason we dont worry is because most of us dont have a LAN therefore we have nothing to worry about.

BUT IF i did have a LAN i would be worried like you, but i dont, so i dont have a reason to worry

Its not that we dont care, its just that we dont have a LAN therefore we cant help speed it up :(

The most worring thing for me is just the stupid little erros - like the kerbs being invisible

Thats most likely they have just pointed the track at the wrong name, or named the texture wrong

Something stupid like that makes the company look like amatuers

I duno why the kept stuff like Heat Haze in, its pathetic

Date: August 29, 2002 07:20AM
I just read your message and had the idea:

Have you ever heard of a Grand Prix LAN Party? If not: Where do you live? We should organize one ourselves . Just imagine 22 people racing a Grand Prix (3?) Championship season. Sounds great, doesn't it? On every LAN Party I went to it was the same: Most people didn't want to play the Game: too dificult (but thats what makes it so great!!!)

I WANT TO RACE AGAINST REAL PEOPLE!!!!
These stupid AIs just don't give me the funny manouvers!

Have you ever heard of a Grand Prix LAN Party? If not: Where do you live? We should organize one ourselves . Just imagine 22 people racing a Grand Prix (3?) Championship season. Sounds great, doesn't it? On every LAN Party I went to it was the same: Most people didn't want to play the Game: too dificult (but thats what makes it so great!!!)

Date: August 29, 2002 07:21AM
Sorry for the 3 messages. Something went wrong with my Browser ;)
Date: August 29, 2002 07:32AM
no problem

I did this in school once at a fund aiser and the game was removed after 15 minutes cos nobody could do it

they all wanted CS (again, how boring!!)

I live in Dundee, North east Scotland, so im almost certainly not gona be there :';(

Date: August 29, 2002 08:00AM
Well I would be willing to travell if the Party is longer than a week (never been to Scotland though) I'm living in Germany. I just don't know good and ambitioned Drivers around here (Schumacher doesn't have enough time:))
I know the CS/Q3A problems on LAN Parties.

If you know some good drivers we should try to organize something!
Date: August 29, 2002 08:08AM
That would be a good idea for sometime, if people want to of course.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy