YES!!!!!! I DID IT!!!!!!!

Posted by Ellis 
Re: YES!!!!!! I DID IT!!!!!!!
Date: August 25, 2002 03:21AM
Posted by: GLDSW
So, once its worked out how to extract the carshapes an edit them, will it be possible to edit the texture mapping? And am i right in assuming that for the jordan, you used the ferrari tga's as a base?
Date: August 25, 2002 05:34AM
Posted by: Ellis
"loox like the gp4 ferrari car shape :p"

If you bothered to READ the thread you would notice that it IS the ferrari shape

The thing here is that, ITS NOT THE FERRARI SLOT, its the FERRARI shape in the JORDAN slot - thats the thing - i have copied the carshape over and modified the tex files

"So, once its worked out how to extract the carshapes an edit them, will it be possible to edit the texture mapping? And am i right in assuming that for the jordan, you used the ferrari tga's as a base?"

Yeah, cos its a Ferrari shape, you have to use the ferrari layout for the textures then alter them to look like a Jordan - which is not as easy it seems.

At the moment in doing a Jaguar on a Ferrari shape - and theres actaully alot of changes on the 2002 Jag from the 2001 so its taking little longer as i get pics and make the new parts

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: August 25, 2002 06:17AM
Posted by: Habi
David, you should make .txt file of that post and paste it here for every dumbass that doesnt bother reading the thread ;)

Date: August 25, 2002 06:35AM
Posted by: tux
i heard my name :O :P

Date: August 25, 2002 03:26PM
Posted by: Habi
no, i said "dumbass" not "Dumbass" ;)
Date: August 25, 2002 08:13PM
Posted by: SkAiFeY
haha, i know understand :p :D:D:D

cooool.. isn't each car got everything in different spots on the .tga? how in the hell did u make teh transfer.. oh don't answer this if u already said in a previous post :p

Chris C
--------------------------------------
GPTC & GPVWC Manager o' CVRT
HawkEyE '01WC' Driver o' CVRT
http://cvrt.tk
Date: August 25, 2002 08:15PM
Posted by: SkAiFeY
" i can 3d model, i have been doing it for about 5 years with AutoCAD"

realy Ellis? i been doin that for a while in autocad also! :D but with buildings, houses etc :)

Chris C
--------------------------------------
GPTC & GPVWC Manager o' CVRT
HawkEyE '01WC' Driver o' CVRT
http://cvrt.tk
Date: August 26, 2002 02:35AM
Yeah, i started with AutoCAD 14, and found it easy to start with 2D, and moved onto 3D and passed Advanced Higher Graph Comm in School with my 3D model of front half of and F1 car.

Wanting something better now, like 3D Stuido Max (used for making GP4), or AutoCAD 2002, but AC 2002 dont work properly in my XP :';(

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: August 26, 2002 03:03AM
yeah, i had to totally redo the tex files

The Jordan came out well, but i struggled badly on the jaguar, and it shows as grandprixgames.org didnt rate this one great like they did with the Jordan :';(

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy