7th gear disappearing

Posted by jp2 
7th gear disappearing
Date: August 22, 2002 12:50AM
Posted by: jp2
this used to be a minor bug to me, but it started to happen v e r y often in the last 2 weeks and really makes me mad:

when i come out of setup and go back on the track, i find that i dont have the 7th gear anymore. i used to fix this by going back into setup, load the setup-file again and go back on the track. but this doesnt work anymore. i can load the setup as often as i want, 7th gear is gone as soon as i leave the setup screen. i had to quit gp4 (NOT saving changes) and start again several times. even this doesnt work all the time. yesterday i planned to drive 30 min before going to sleep, instead i was trying to get my 7th gear back for 30 min. insane ! i finally made it by going in and out of setup 180 times, but i dont know exactly HOW i did it.

anybody else ??

greetings, jp
Re: 7th gear disappearing
Date: August 22, 2002 12:14PM
Posted by: Ellis
ok, this has happened to me, i'll expalin why

In qualifying its wet, so i modify the WET setup, to have 7th gear

Then in the race, it starts DRY, so the computer defualts to the DRY setup for that track, which only has 6 gears

If the weather changes, so does the setup

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Re: 7th gear disappearing
Date: August 23, 2002 04:19AM
Posted by: jp2
thanks, but this here has nothing to do with weather. it's just gp4 driving me mad and asking for a reinstall.
yesterday it almost ruined aur hotseat-session with multiple crashes to desktop. *'Q§$%&

greetings, jp
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy