Performance problems

Posted by Seggy 
Performance problems
Date: August 06, 2002 05:02AM
Posted by: Seggy
My problem is I want it all... I've got a low/medium spec PC (i'll tell u in a bit), but I want GP4 to run fast as hell, but still look the dogs b******s.

So, can anyone give me advice as to the best sound/graphics settings, so that a 1min 30 lap in the game isn't 3mins real time!!!

I've tried that f1graphics.cfg and though it does run at decent knots, the graphics aren't wot i expect. When I see some of the screenshots from you guys, I just cry.

Also, can someone recommend some decent 2002 carsets and an editor to go with.

BTW, my specs:

900MHz Althon
256MB RAM
32MB nVidia TNT2
SB Live 5:1
Re: Performance problems
Date: August 06, 2002 05:20AM
Posted by: jp2
for a start, i'd say:

- all background programs off
- win 98se
- grafics driver settings: AntiAliasing off, no vsync, "best performance" rather than "best quality"
-gp4-grafics-options: all off except mirrors (but only cars in the mirrors), textures low to medium details, 16 bit

that should give you a decent framerate. if you want, try to tweak your bios. but i dont dare to give advice on that subject.

greetings, jp
Date: August 06, 2002 08:53AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
how do you switch all backround programs off?

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: August 06, 2002 10:15AM
Posted by: Zcott
Download a program like EndItAll. Very useful, but there's some programs that are quite necessary to keep open, or else Windows becomes even more useless.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy