fantasy car sets

Posted by andymink 
fantasy car sets
Date: August 05, 2002 12:16PM
Posted by: andymink
bascially, as im pathetic at making my own carsets, and whoeva made this forum wont let me speak about some1 making one for me, does any1 know and really goos sites that have alot of car livire download?

i found that nearly all the cars i have found, nearly all overwrite Minardi (which is a shame coz i carnt use them all) if they didnt overwrite mindardi, only the cockpit worked (basically when u go out car for replay or whatever it didnt work)

any ideaS?

quite frankly stupid
Re: fantasy car sets
Date: August 05, 2002 01:08PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
You want to make a fantasy carset? As in not like real liveries? OK. I think (don't delete the thread for me saying this) that you can use others' carsets (copy and paste) to make your own set, as long as its ONLY FOR YOU. If you distribute it on the internet, then its leeching. And very bad.

Otherwise search the internet for pics and resize the logos. Or do what Jan F used to do, draw your own. I can send you Lucky Strike and Marlboro logos he sent me a while ago if you like.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: August 05, 2002 01:37PM
yeah its only for me, but thing is, there aint too many cars around for download, or copy whatever

also, when i did make my own- which i do have atm, i made the primary color black, and secondary color green (hardly any other colors on it) but theres some werid orange bits near the wheels =/

quite frankly stupid
Date: August 05, 2002 01:45PM
Are you using the correct colour palette? I had MANY problems making cars for gp3 because I was using the standard PSP5 palette, which makes me quite frankly stupid.

-----------------

My love’s subliminal
Date: August 05, 2002 02:16PM
hmmz what do u suggest me getting? i cud try using them i suppose -qwerty- wrote:
>
> Are you using the correct colour palette? I had MANY
> problems making cars for gp3 because I was using the standard
> PSP5 palette, which makes me quite frankly stupid.
>
>

quite frankly stupid
Date: August 05, 2002 02:21PM
erm....I've not really tried editing in GP4, I'm afraid I can't help there. Maybe someone else knows?

-----------------

My love’s subliminal
Date: August 06, 2002 03:51AM
Posted by: Doug
I found a Marlboro -font- off a website ( [www.sharkshock.com] ) and with that you can make your own Marlboro logo's quite easily. That's just an example, you can download various famous fonts like that off many websites.

I've personally made the Ferrari a fantasy Ferrari - just changed the colours and re-arranged/added the Malboro logos but I'm also in the process of making the Prost team into a complete fantasy team. Because the TGA files look so weird, I'd recomend that you only make alterations in places that you know correspond to various part of the car. Like usually you can make out where the the nose and sides of the car are. Best way is trial and error though - although to constantly completely change the .wad file is a bloody pain...

Hope this helps, although I'm sure people have got more of an idea than me ;)
Date: August 06, 2002 08:52AM
Yeah, Jan F sent me the typeset of Marlboro. Its v useful

-----------------

My love’s subliminal
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy