My GP4 Shots *big (but great) pics

Posted by Ellis 
Re: My GP4 Shots *big (but great) pics
Date: July 30, 2002 05:41AM
Posted by: SkAiFeY
gf4 would give way sharper images and beta quality. coz iv'e ahd more copm sittign right next to another thats a p4 1.7 gig with gf4, and its real sharp compared to my gf2.. dont' know wot gf4 card they had tho :s

Chris C
--------------------------------------
GPTC & GPVWC Manager o' CVRT
HawkEyE '01WC' Driver o' CVRT
http://cvrt.tk
Date: July 30, 2002 11:26AM
Posted by: Ellis
"LS, you'll certainly get a higher frame rate....which is good to have, and makes it more fun to play."

yes, but u cant see frame rates in my still screen shots. There wont be a huge difference if any at all, because the game on full will look approx the same on MOST cards, and eevn more the same on two cards by the same manufactor

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: July 30, 2002 11:34AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
But we've all said from the beginning that playability and realism is more important for racing. Therefore fps increase is hugely important, and if pics close to yours, Ellis, can be acheived plus higher fps, then its perfect.
I've been playing gp3 2000 a lot recently, and I'm still VERY impressed with it! (bit OT, but had to say it)

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: July 30, 2002 11:48AM
Posted by: LS.
yes but the geforce 4 mx cards have certain graphical chips left off them compared to the TI family.

tomshardware.com said this

Probably the single most fast-paced sector within the computer industry is the graphics cards market, especially where high-end products are concerned. It was only just last fall that ATi was able to catch up with NVIDIA's GeForce3 Ti series thanks to its new RADEON 8500 line, even besting it in some cases. ATi didn't get to enjoy this situation for very long, though. Upon its introduction in the first quarter of this year, the GeForce4 Ti was able to retake the speed crown for NVIDIA, uncontested. The only card a GeForce4 Ti needs fear is the home-made competition.

At this point it's time for the obligatory warning about the GeForce4 MX version, which, aside from the name and the misleading "4", has nothing in common with the Ti boards. From a technical viewpoint, these cards are still built on pre-GeForce3 technology, and it shows in their performance. They lack both pixel and vertex shaders. All in all, it's fair to say that the GeForce4 MX is nothing more than a modernized GeForce 2 chip with a new memory interface,

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: July 30, 2002 11:50AM
But again, like i have been saying - there wont be a huge difference cos the game cant go much better than that!

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: July 30, 2002 12:01PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
Graphically, that's true, but 17fps isnt the limit in gp4, is it?

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: July 30, 2002 12:09PM
no, but again - he asked what his GF 4 TI would look like - not play like. - my game is running full - that is wot it will look like, but i turn the fps down so that i can get better graphics - thats a main point of GP4.

His game will look like mine, but smoother

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy