NO DISCUSSION ABOUT WAREZ

Posted by Bruno 
NO DISCUSSION ABOUT WAREZ
Date: July 24, 2002 02:39PM
Posted by: Bruno
this includes discussion of sharing copyrighted music.

Blame it on the pirates that the nice "FBI treat" is kicked.

--------------------------------------
Staff of grandprixgames.org 2000 - 2003
Re: NO DISCUSSION ABOUT WAREZ
Date: July 24, 2002 02:41PM
Posted by: tux
yeah, you say it Bruno :P

Date: July 24, 2002 03:00PM
Posted by: Ellis
dam it, who mentioned the pirated stuff? Me and qwerty were having great convo bout our own tastes without pirated stuff :';(

oh well, it had to go to keep this site open

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: July 24, 2002 03:04PM
Posted by: Vader
Thank you for explaining your reasons Bruno. As you might remember from the past, most of us do not support warez. We had enough heated discussions with those who openly supported the GP3 2000 warez.

But why did you delete the other threads? It would be nice if we could get an explanation for that as well - just to avoid the impression of blind arbitrariness. I don't hope that this is "Matti-ism" going on in here. Most of us would not like it ...

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: July 24, 2002 03:07PM
i only support werez if:

1. it isnt a beta version or something
2. the game isnt out in the country i live in
3. a demo isnt out in the country i live in

i will definatly bye games i get from werez (the only game is half of gp4, then i got so frustrated with my connection, i imported it, but that costed a lot more :( )

Date: July 24, 2002 03:09PM
oh, btw i do not support u if u are in a country where GP4 is in the shops

Date: July 24, 2002 03:10PM
and you want the werez, (thats just not right :( )
go and buy it

Date: July 24, 2002 03:11PM
LOL, you are going to make Bruno delete his own thread. Good tactic, you Dumbass.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: July 24, 2002 03:13PM
Date: July 24, 2002 03:13PM
lol, clam down Jon

I understand why the thread was deleted, im just bitty pissed cos before that me and qwerty were having a great convo :(

I love convos bout music, and me and qwerty were having a good one to :(

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: July 24, 2002 03:14PM
Date: July 24, 2002 03:18PM
Posted by: _Alex_
I don't hope that this is "Matti-ism" going on in here. Most of us would not like it ...

Yes. And for a start I would like to know if it is what I said that triggered the elimination of the post. Best way to learn is through mistakes, after all.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: July 24, 2002 03:21PM
mabey, after Bruno deltes a thread, can you make a new thread with the same name explaining why it was deleted?

Date: July 24, 2002 05:43PM
Posted by: Larry
When you talk about having thousands of MP3's on your computer, that sounds too much like pirating music. The only few MP3's that I have ever downloaded are ones that are posted as free downloads by the artists themselves on their official websites. I would feel quite wrong in ripping off artists and everyone down to music store employees who rely on their sales for their livelihoods.

Some people sermonize about not downloading warez GP4 but have many "illegal" MP3's on their hard drives which is a bit hypocritical if not self-serving. Some will obviously disagree with me but no matter how you try to rationalize your reasons, stealing is stealing. Maybe having been an amateur musician/composer for over 25 years has made me more sensitive to this topic but that is my opinion.

P.S. There is a difference between deleting a thread for personal reasons and deleting for moral/legal reasons. Thus, I don't see Bruno's actions as a "Matti-ism".

Date: July 24, 2002 05:53PM
Larry, being a musician myself, I totally agree with you.

However, the accusation of Matti-ism was not directed at the removal of the piracy/FBI thread. Bruno did explain why he/they had to do it and he he /they is/are right. What I was aiming at is the recent removal of two other threads - one was named "We can beat the GP3 guys" and was about the growing number of posts in the Gp4 forum as opposed to the obvious stagnation at the GP3 forum. The other one was a thread by Boomy where he was promising a $100 reward for those how would fix the MP player bug in GP4.
These threads disappeared without any explanation given, so I cannot say if it were moral/legal reasons or maybe just personal reasons. It would be nice to provide an answer why ceratin threads disappear and others not, else this is not better than AlphaF1.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: July 24, 2002 06:45PM
Actaully i have......12 MP3s on my computer which are all 100% LEGAL because i already own the album but im getting GTA3 and u can play ur MP3s through the radio.

I never mentioed MP3s, i talked about BUYING albums and which I like and which i dont.

I dont like copy CDs cos they are lower quality - like i said in the thread, i prefer ORGIONAL.

Duno who orginal mentioed downlading albums, but it wasnt me or qwerty

Date: July 24, 2002 06:47PM
btw, i also used to be in a band, we produced a small ammount of cDs (bout 25) and within a month there was at least 70 copies about the school and the local area.

You have NO IDEA how much this pissed me off

Date: July 25, 2002 12:46AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
Yeah, pity it was deleted. It was a post100 thread! But now we all know who everyone is.....or something

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: July 25, 2002 01:48AM
Posted by: JC
MuHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.......

Date: July 25, 2002 03:03AM
Posted by: Keithb
This topic is getting out of hand, and has nothing to do with GP4,so let's turn it around a bit.
How many of us have downloaded the NOCD patch for the game?This enables any of us to install the game on anybody's computer,put the NOCD patch on, and Hey Presto-a free game for your mates.
I'm not implying that any of us actually do this,but it can easily be done.So Infrogames and Geoff Crammond could miss out on a lot of revenue.
Blimey, I'm getting quite serious here !!!
I'm not trying to start an argument with anyone,just stating my point of view-honest!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy