Any ideas?(sound prob)

Posted by RichE 
Any ideas?(sound prob)
Date: July 23, 2002 03:24AM
Posted by: RichE
Sat on start line with a Po of about 80 but as soon as engines start and the sound kicks in the Po goes through the roof ie; 400.3D and 2D sound are off .I am using an Asus A7v333 with onboard sound at the mo,but surely the sound chip wouldnt give that much of a hit on the cpu would it?
Re: Any ideas?(sound prob)
Date: July 23, 2002 03:56AM
Posted by: Keithb
Have you tried calibrating the sound in GP4? I find it better with 2D sound on.
Date: July 23, 2002 07:48AM
Posted by: Morbid
As far as I remember there are some custom made drivers for your soundcard on the Asus site. Have you tried them?

<www.asus.com.tw>

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: July 23, 2002 06:27PM
Posted by: BorgDroneX
Hmmmmmm motherboards with built in everything ARRGHHH kill kill kill!!!!!!!

i cant be done with that
Date: July 24, 2002 03:54PM
Posted by: JC
You mean assimilate LoL.....................

Downloading new drivers is a good idea, also try tweaking the settings a bit......

Or Gotto control panel - multimedia - advanced properties - performance, then switch hardware acceleration to FULL and set sample rate conversion quality to Best. That should improve performance a tiny bit :oP.....

If none of that works then you have to switch the resolution and graphics down a bit.............

The extreme case would be to get a PCI sound card or an upgrade LoL...

I don't think onboard sound cards have hardware mode???? They are all software driven right??? soooooooo a lot of strain on CPU????......

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy