Who will ditribute GP4 in US ?

Posted by JohnW 
Who will ditribute GP4 in US ?
Date: July 22, 2002 04:11PM
Posted by: JohnW
So far, every store I've gone to has no listing for GP4 or a release date. I was wondering who was going to distibute the game so I could call them ? Will it be Hasbro or someone else ? Software Etc ( Gamespot ) has an October XBOX release but no PC version. Amazon.com has "not released" . BestBuy has no listing for GP4 at all, in their system.

JohnW
Re: Who will distribute GP4 in US ?
Date: July 22, 2002 04:13PM
I wish you could edit your posts here. Make the title "Distribute" rather than what it says.

JohnW
Re: Who will ditribute GP4 in US ?
Date: July 22, 2002 04:22PM
I just checked at www.infogrames.com . The UK site has it, the US site only lists GP3. Not even a GP4 ( Coming soon! ) listing.

JohnW
Date: July 22, 2002 05:18PM
Posted by: sobpd1
Just got back from florida Orlando/St.Petes tried 2 E.B stores none of them new when or if they would get GP4 for PC but said they expected XBOX version in late August, they got F1 2002 though in a very nice embossed display box, which seems to be how PC games are sold in the U.S. not the crap plastic or cardboard boxes we get
Date: July 22, 2002 11:42PM
Could Microsoft have bought out the rights to GP4 in PC version, just to boost sales of the XBOX version ? Perhaps they would delay the release of the PC version until they found the XBOX sales had sagged.

Heck, I can't even get GP3-2000 in the US.

JohnW
Date: July 22, 2002 11:48PM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
G'day all...

I'd say it's more of a case of lack of interest of F1 in the US that is the reason behind it's unavailability. You can always just buy it online, there's heaps of places u can do that.

Date: July 23, 2002 11:12AM
Mika,

Actually, there are not heaps of places to buy a US version online. I think there may be some sort of region codes involved. When I got GP3 , because I couldn't find GP3-2000 anywhere, I tried buying the 2000 update from Software First, in the U.K. They had it but said it would not work with my version of GP3. I can get the EA F1-2002 just about anywhere, so at least EA believes there is a market. I have followed links for "Get GP4 for US customers", but one shows it as being "out of stock", while SoftwareFirst lists all their prices in Pounds, which makes me wonder if the product is still the U.K version. I may have to e-mail them. No other online place, that I have found, lists Gp4 at all.

Last night, I e-mailed Infogrames PR department. We'll see what they say.

JohnW
Date: July 23, 2002 12:14PM
Posted by: Morbid
Does it really matter if its a US version? I am a dane and have the UK version. Btw, there is 3d party fix that resolves the US GP3 and UK GP3 2K copy protection conflict.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: July 23, 2002 02:27PM
Posted by: Larry
When Softwarefirst told you that GP3-2000 wouldn't work with your North American version, you had to tell them that you wanted it anyway and I think that they would send you it. Then you could use the install fix that Morbid mentioned.

I'm in Montreal, Canada and I got GP3-2000 here because the store imported a few U.K. copies and I used the install fix which worked like a charm.

If you want to order GP4 from North America, you can try this Canadian website. It's the same multilingual cd sold everywhere else:

[www.camelot.ca]

Don't get a heart attack when you see the price because it's in Canadian dollars.

Date: July 23, 2002 02:29PM
Posted by: Larry
BTW, there's a toll-free number on that link if you need more information.

Date: July 23, 2002 02:37PM
Posted by: tux
im going to distribute it,

im going round everyones house asking if they want to bye it (and when i get to bill gates's house im just going to kick him square in the nuts :P)

Date: July 23, 2002 04:15PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
With hobnail boots

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: July 23, 2002 04:53PM
Date: July 23, 2002 05:51PM
If you are going to kick 'ol Bill, he suggests you use something very sturdy, such as hobnail boots.

JohnW
Date: July 23, 2002 05:57PM
You know, I'm not sure it matters. I would hate to find out when I need tech support or a US only update will not work. If that sort of thing could happen.

I haven't looked into hacks that allow the GP3-2000 disk to work with mine, because I would never know if some bug I'm fighting was not due to the unauthorized addtion to the game.

I also don't want to have to keep track of various thrid party files and disks, when or if I need to re-install the software. I just want to keep it clean and simple.
( I must admitt I did install the GPx utility so I don't need the CD in the drive and I can add new tracks. )

JohnW
Date: July 23, 2002 07:36PM
Posted by: Vader
Your name isn't by any chance John Wayne? Sort 'em out, shoot 'em and THEN ask, that's what the Duke would have called clean and simple. :-)

DO NOT DELETE THIS POST. IT WAS NOT INTENDED TO BE ANTI-AMERICAN AND CAUSE OFFENSE. AGAIN: DO NOT DELETE THIS POST.

I have a right to a lawyer before speaking to you, to remain silent until I can talk to him or her, and to have my lawyer present when I am being questioned. Anything I say may be used against me in a court of law ...

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: July 23, 2002 11:08PM
Posted by: JC
Date: July 24, 2002 06:33AM
i will be using stell caped boots to kick billy in the nuts :P

Date: July 24, 2002 12:10PM
Posted by: JC
Make sure u get the right house, cuz Billy's got lots of houses lol......

Date: July 24, 2002 12:43PM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy