Comparing tyres

Posted by NunoEspadinha 
Comparing tyres
Date: July 20, 2002 07:08PM
Posted by: NunoEspadinha
i was testing around and in a medium rainy race i've noticed that most of the cars were using different tyres in the grid.. like for dry race, wet and moonson, or something like that.. very realistic.. just check:

-----------------------------
Virtual-Games.com: [www.virtual-games.com]
Virtual-Games.com Racing Team: [racing.virtual-games.com]

Re: Comparing tyres
Date: July 20, 2002 07:16PM
Posted by: tiger
I dont seem to able to select monsoon in my game?

Like my sig? TELL ME!!!! =P
Date: July 20, 2002 07:43PM
Posted by: Ellis
The McLaren and Williams look more like Inters. Remember - Michelin and Bridgestone have different groove shapes.

And WTF is that Jag doing in 6th?

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: July 21, 2002 03:44AM
Posted by: Glyn
Yeah, its a good feature where different drivers select different tyres.

What I would like to see though is for the weather screen you need a map of the track with a colour coded thing telling you how wet each section of the track is. Sometimes it says the track is wet, so I put wets on and all the CC cars are on slicks because only the start and finish straight is actually wet.

Date: July 21, 2002 04:32AM
Posted by: Lilletto
As far as "present" conditions are concerned rely on your team manager. For the first few laps the game almost always suggests the right choice.
But, as in real world, you must look further than next few laps.
And here other factors come into play, luck being not the least.
Else you can watch closely what McLarens are doing: nearly all the times they bet the wrong horse, so all you have to do is to go the opposite way :)

Date: July 21, 2002 12:01PM
ehehe about the Jaguar.. in fact that was my selected car and i was doing a quickrace, so i started from 6th! ;)

Date: July 21, 2002 02:49PM
Posted by: Tucker@Large
Hey I am using the BigPack and for some dumb reason, Sato, yes that plonker that even me 9 year old daughter could out drive in real life, always seems to qualify up at the front 3rd, 4th or 5th, and into the bargain usually gets a fastest lap into the bargain!!!!!! I think the author of the bigpack is a Jordan supporter!!!!

STOP THE WORLD - I WANT TO GET OFF
Date: July 22, 2002 03:37AM
Posted by: Glyn
Perhaps the author thinks Sato should eat more baked beans before he races? Give him a performance boost

Date: July 22, 2002 03:42PM
Posted by: f1digital
ive noticed cars use different type types in wet races yes :)

but....

i dont know if its just me, but that top pic "Riding with David Coulthard 5"

is that not Kimi Raikkonen, its number 4, and the helmet is Raikkonens another bug :P
Date: July 23, 2002 09:39AM
nops.. i've changed the helmets in game, and i messed the McLaren ones... still hadn't time to put them right ;)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy