Directx9 Beta Version

Posted by lionrampant78 
Directx9 Beta Version
Date: July 20, 2002 04:19PM
Posted by: lionrampant78
See Direct X Help thread for full details :)

Those url's for anyone whose interested :-

Directx 9 Beta

[www.sensibleerection.com]

[betatester.tin.it]

Directx Eradicator ( Not supported by XP, Use system restore to return to previous version of directx)

ttp://www.freewebz.com/firecat/

PLEASE NOTE THIS BETA VERSION OF DIRECTX EXPIRES ON AUGUST 20TH 2002. MAKE SURE U EITHER HAVE THE ERADICATOR PROGRAM OR U CREATE A RESTORE POINT U CAN GO BACK TO.......

Have Fun !
Re: Directx9 Beta Version
Date: July 20, 2002 04:35PM
Posted by: genesis
Great stuff John. You were prepared to face the risks of installing it, but for doing it I salute you. I'm off to install it now :-D
Date: July 20, 2002 05:05PM
Posted by: Lilletto
Ok mate but FPS wise is it worth installing them?

Date: July 20, 2002 05:13PM
I installed it but havent tried it yet. Look on www.microsoft.com/directx then go to news. There are so many new features that mack graphics and performance superb, much better than 8.1. Whether these features are fully operational in the Beta version I dont know, but migth as well install it IF you have Windows ME or XP, so you can use system restore if there are problems.
Date: July 20, 2002 05:38PM
OK I tried it and cant notice a major increase in performance, although I think I notcie an improvement in graphics (could just be me wanting there to be tho...;-) )
Date: July 20, 2002 05:40PM
Posted by: Lilletto
Right now I cannot because I have the Italian version of XP.
I'm just curious to know if John got some advantage from them :)

Date: July 20, 2002 08:14PM
Got to admit, i haven't got round to trying them yet myself. Been busy as hell, but when i do i'll get back to you :)
Date: July 21, 2002 01:07AM
Posted by: Covfan
I might download them 'This Morning' :D (Hope you get it)
Date: July 21, 2002 02:53AM
Posted by: f1raceruk
Date: July 21, 2002 03:12AM
Posted by: Ellis
Dan - on of ur sig pics (left one) aint displaying, but the WorldCon was is funny as hell

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: July 21, 2002 03:24AM
Posted by: Covfan
My system Restore is a bit of a 'Wheel of Fortune' So is there anyway to install it without worrying about the time limit?
Date: July 21, 2002 04:09AM
Posted by: tux
wow, ive got so many restore points stuffed in there, if i restore to an earlyer point, i wipe off about a million apps :';(

Date: July 22, 2002 06:05AM
A restore point seems to be automatically created when you install it . ( well it did with me, maybe it would be better to create one yourself just be4 installing ) :)
Date: July 22, 2002 08:17AM
Posted by: Zcott
Is it any good, then?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy