Default Setups Arent All That Bad

Posted by Glyn 
Default Setups Arent All That Bad
Date: July 18, 2002 09:07AM
Posted by: Glyn
You always hear people bang on about how they arent very good, but being honest I think they are quite good.

They do give a solid setup that is easy to drive (lot of understeer though) but they arent slow. At Silverstone I can do a 1:21 on them and challenge Schumi for fastest lap. Round Indy ive done a 1:11.4.

I have to admit though that it would be nice if we could edit them. Use them as a base sort of thing.

Re: Default Setups Arent All That Bad
Date: July 18, 2002 09:10AM
Posted by: Boomy
1) Rough setups -worst-
2) Default setups -medium-
3) Own setups -better-

No arguments please, the moon IS made of sponge
Date: July 18, 2002 09:28AM
Posted by: Morbid
Yeah, if you can adapt to the default setups, you can consistently fight your way through the field and win on Semi-pro. But I must admit, they are a far cry from what I want from my setups. But I guess if you like understeer, you will appreciate them more than I do.

Be warned tho! If you do 10 consecutive laps at Spa, your plank will get toasted. So either you do a four stopper at Spa, lift off through Eau Rogue, or tinker a bit with the setup.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: July 18, 2002 09:45AM
Hey Morbid,

Have you ever been in Skagen parties?

Boomer
Date: July 18, 2002 10:05AM
Posted by: Morbid
If you are referring to the mid-summer music festival and/or more private parties that are held in the northern most tip of Denmark, then no... I live in the other end of the country, and as a student that has lived on a minimum income for almost 10 years, I am thoroughly impoverished. I couldn't even take a 50 kilometer bus fair these days, LoL!

But I have been there and walked the beaches to the extreme northern point. It is well worth the effort I might add. The thin strip just gets narrower and narrower with ocean moving in on you from every direction. Makes you appreciate how graceful an artist mother Nature really can be when she wants to. And the sunsets are just mind boggling. Having a party there would definately be a blast.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: July 18, 2002 11:49AM
Posted by: carl31
I think it is possible to modify the default setups. If you do a hotlap and save it, open it with that hotlap checker program and use the option extract setup. Load up the setup in the game and there you go! I think you can do that anyway....lol.
Date: July 18, 2002 11:55AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
The setups are too good, I think. You can drive faster than most on pro mode (maybe qualify 8th) with those setups. I'm no setup guru, but I like to fiddle with springs, ride height wings etc in order to jump up a level. There's less need to do so in gp4. Good for new players though.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: July 18, 2002 02:22PM
C@rlos, I did actually think of your tatic, it might work, ill have to see :)

I think GP5 needs a race engineer program really. Grand Prix games simulate driving an F1 car. The driver does not setup his car, the mechanics do. The driver tells them what needs doing to make the car faster and they do the changes.

A little util would simply ask a few questions and then change the setup depending. You tick a few boxes say 'car understeers through fast corners' and it will change the setup for you.

Date: July 18, 2002 02:23PM
Good idea. But there should be the option to do it yourself too.

-----------------

My love’s subliminal
Date: July 18, 2002 02:31PM
Posted by: tux
hmm

can someone give some tips on a setup?

Date: July 18, 2002 02:33PM
Dumbass, search for some tips using the button, there are many threads on it.

Basically lower ride height, change wings and lengthen gear ratios.

-----------------

My love’s subliminal
Date: July 18, 2002 02:40PM
Posted by: carl31
I think there is no option to change the default setups in the game, so people dont accidentally change them or make the setup worse?
Date: July 19, 2002 02:41AM
Basically in real life 90% of setups is made from super powerfull software with super powerfull computers.

They elaborate tons of informations and release a good setup for the circuit,considering also weather and driver own points of strenghts and weekness.

Inside this 90% there is also thousands kms made from 3rd and 4th driver.

During weekend the 1st and 2nd driver add their own 10% and their right feets.

Boomer
Date: July 19, 2002 02:54AM
*goes to dabs to order super powerful software*
*goes to pc world to order super powerful computer - comes back with a gameboy advance (the sales guy recommended it!)*

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy